Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

"hardest" class is subjective.

Maybe for a hyperactive minded player who has to have lots of buttons to press a wizard or rogue would be hardest due to how boring and simple the player would find them?

It's hard to say what an individual player will excel at and fail at. Everyone is different, and everyone finds different things hard or simple.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

ADHD award goes to monk. Rogues are way more active than most caster classes. If sitting on your ass for 15 mins medding is your thing, more power to you though.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:47 PM
Banned

warrior is probably the hardest for a 1st time player since you are so gimp until you get 200k of gear on you and level 52 for evasive disc. Expect to die, a lot.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:24 PM
Banned

having never played EQ at all? Hardest class would be necromancer because 1) reagents 2) would play the class wrong (Doting everything) 3) Mental struggle of watching mana regen w/o clarity 3) learning to charm w/o the tool kit of chanter

I doubt he would make it to level 10.

Don't think it would be enchanter...By the time he was high enough level to be expected to be a respectable mezzer, he would have probably figured it out. No matter what some of you want to think this game is not difficult... 12 year old me figured it out pretty easily without knowing anything about EQ.
Last edited by Spyder73; 07-12-2017 at 02:26 PM..
Old 07-12-2017, 04:13 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No matter what some of you want to think this game is not difficult...

...some of you want to think this game is not difficult...

...think this game is not difficult...

...not difficult...

...not difficult...
Old 07-12-2017, 04:30 PM
Sarnak

People that think bard is easy group with some terrible bards. It's vastly different and more active than most other classes to play one at a high level. It's not easy just because you "can AFK manasong for exp".

But I'm a terrible bard, so what do I know.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:35 AM
Kobold

Like many people have stated in other words, a lot of this has to do with a few key variables:

1. Is this person going to be soloing, or are they are going to be grouping? Or some of both?

2. Is this person starting 100% from scratch, with absolutely no gear at all? Or are they at least going to be given some basic armor/weapons and stuff? Or will they be a full twink?

3. What level of skill/adaptability does this person have? Is this person your grandma, who has never played a video game in her life? Or is this person a long-time gamer?

If this person is planning on soloing, and will have absolutely no gear to start out with at all, I'd say most difficult would be Rogue, then Warrior, then maybe Paladin or Ranger.

If this person is planning on soloing, and will be fully twinked out, then Warrior might actually be one of the easiest classes to pick up on, but even easier long-term will be someone with more survival tools like a shadowknight or monk, who also are relatively easy to pick up on. A fully twinked int/wis caster class will still get steamrolled if they are having a hard time on the uptake with all the mechanics.

If this person is planning on grouping, and will have absolutely no gear to start out with, the easiest would be any class with a very straightforward/simple role, like a healer or nuker - they can just stand/sit there and do their one job. Hardest might be a pulling class, CC class, or possibly even tanking class if they are less savvy with games.

If this person is planning on grouping, and will be twinked out, then just about any class will probably work, but I'd still say a CC/utility role is probably the hardest for a newbie, and any DPS is probably the easiest, with maybe Mage at the top of that list.

Finally, if you are planning on Duoing with this person, I'd suggest you (the more savvy person) be an enchanter, and the newbie friend guy be a Druid.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:58 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomuch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Is this person going to be soloing, or are they are going to be grouping? Or some of both?

2. Is this person starting 100% from scratch, with absolutely no gear at all? Or are they at least going to be given some basic armor/weapons and stuff? Or will they be a full twink?

3. What level of skill/adaptability does this person have? Is this person your grandma, who has never played a video game in her life? Or is this person a long-time gamer?
Thanks for all the input, Toomuch.

1. I'd imagine he will be soloing and grouping. I'll be playing with him whenever possible but I'm sure he'll play on his own too and group with other people.

2. He'll be starting with some gear, but nowhere near full twink. We'll set him up with probably the equivalent of Banded or maybe slightly better depending on the class and a decent weapon.

3. He's a long-time gamer, very smart dude, definitely adaptable.

He's already chosen Bard, but if that doesn't work out, what's your recommendation?
Old 07-13-2017, 11:17 PM
Banned

Bard will be a great choice.

Ur name is funny OP
Old 07-14-2017, 10:21 AM
Kobold

The hardest class to play in the game is the one you know nothing about.

for me it was wizard if i known i was going to die 5-6 times a night or more. I think i wouldn't had done it. but now that he is over 50 we cut that down to 2 times a night. this was a struggle for the dude.

https://www.twitch.tv/p99_dude

F@$k it, Dude, let's go bowling
Last edited by dude; 07-14-2017 at 10:26 AM..
Closed Thread