Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
God. That hurts my brain.

Now if I had a vertical monitor and could have a 1440x1080 viewport with a bunch of black space above or below, I'd be ok with that. But the viewport on the side just mindfucks me.
I noticed you have a similar setup to me watching one of your videos last night.

I decided what I want is the least amount of time between me clicking something and then clicking something else.

I keep my buffs next to my spellbar & action window, so i can click them on and off and cast something else quickly with the spell bar right near it. Go from clicking myself, target to group member, all in one area etc.

I also use a lot of hotkeys, but even still there is a lot of clicking in this game. Swap out stuff from the bag I keep by my hot bar for easy click swapping etc.

I find the space in the bottom center to be the area where the mouse spends most of its life anyway while you play, so why not have all the buttons there! (notice it while you play, that mouse always down there for some reason) (I think its a reflex I have of just moving the mouse to the center of the screen when I game on PC so I can find it after I spaced out or something)
Old 10-24-2019, 09:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I decided what I want is the least amount of time between me clicking something and then clicking something else.
Heya Jib! Exactly this.

Here's my setup.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-24-2019, 09:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
God. That hurts my brain.

Now if I had a vertical monitor and could have a 1440x1080 viewport with a bunch of black space above or below, I'd be ok with that. But the viewport on the side just mindfucks me.
I actually like this idea a lot and might have to try it, although swapping back and forth between landscape and portrait is probably more of a pain than it's worth.
Last edited by Xallis; 10-24-2019 at 09:42 PM..
Old 10-24-2019, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this is gonna more or less be my layout, I like to keep everything centered at the bottom. It's not like the most classic window arrangement, and uses 2 chat windows, but it gets the job done I think. I usually run with 1 chat window until I am guilded or it becomes too much of a pain later on.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I usually keep the bottom bags/inventory window up most of the time, but the top minimal mode is when I want a more streamlined view... im thinking swapping between the two is my own personal f10 roleplaying hack that im going to fullscreen to transparent mode [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i dont like where you put your buffs
Old 10-24-2019, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xallis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually like this idea a lot and might have to try it
If my monitor were 1440p id definitely try it. Alas, I'm just at 1080. Ill almost certainly stick with my 16:9 with windows clustered on the bottom of the screen.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i dont like where you put your buffs
I know but I like to keep them right in the mix those "oh shit!" click off buff moments are way easier when theyre right there next to your spells. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-24-2019, 09:47 PM
Kobold

4:3?

Heathens.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Adesanya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Heathens.
what do you do 4:8 to see over that forehead? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-24-2019, 09:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Adesanya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Heathens.
Its Classic .... your guild man, i fear for what is to come of you.

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 10-24-2019, 09:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I know but I like to keep them right in the mix those "oh shit!" click off buff moments are way easier when theyre right there next to your spells. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where do you place your spellbook?
Closed Thread