Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We want someone who hates the way the system is run.
He really truly doesn't give a shit about the system or improving it though. Yea, he hates the system, so do we. Cool. That's as far as it goes. Nearly everything he'd actually do would just make things worse. And that's assuming he could do anything at all, having alienated both Democrats and his own party which rules Congress (which may even be changing soon because Dems actually vote in the quadrennial elections).

Trump is nearly as bad a liar as Clinton, constantly changing, obscuring, and contradicting his own views, metamorphosing depending upon whether he's currently speaking in a Republican debate, or in Iowa.

Big J & pals make really good points about the select few things that are admirable about Trump, but those are ultimately horrible reasons to elect someone president of the United States.

I'm still torn about whether he is actually worse than Hillary, but I know one thing: Trump is an asshole, and a shitty candidate.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes. after the civil rights success in the 60s, southern democrats switched parties. i'm not sure how you think this is a good thing for the GOP.
Wouldn't really effect anything since both dem and rep support was nominal in the south. Then of course there was Robert Byrd, a Dem, and a once effective reciter for the KKK, even pro-KKK during his political career, who filibustered the civil rights act for 57 days which was condemned by republican senate leader Everett Dirksen regarding the democrat filibuster against the civil rights act.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:19 PM
Banned

that's neat but not really the point. racist southern voters once voted democrat, now they vote republican.

the way you write makes me worried that you have neurological problems, gandalf.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurikeen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Danielle Allen is a political theorist at Harvard University and a contributing columnist for The Post."
"from Harvard with a Ph.D. in Government in 2001"

Wait, they let chicks into skull and bones now?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's neat but not really the point. racist southern voters once voted democrat, now they vote republican.

the way you write makes me worried that you have neurological problems, gandalf.
Now?? gawd, over 100yrs of democrat racism and to this day, and suddenly they are non-racist saints all the real racists going to the rep party? Maybe time for you to use another alice in wonderland reference? Though I'd point you to huck finn and a little fence whitewashing there for you.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:46 PM
Banned

The republican party is in complete disarray. I heard some quotes about Trump making fun of Rubios ear, Rubio making fun of Donalds face…the whole thing sounds like a junior high presidential election. None of these guys are qualified to lead our country.

Where the f#ck are the ex-military generals and economic studs at? Government is a complete joke right now – Never thought I would miss Dubya – But I do
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dubya.jpg (48.1 KB, 40 views)
Old 02-29-2016, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now?? gawd, over 100yrs of democrat racism and to this day, and suddenly they are non-racist saints all the real racists going to the rep party? Maybe time for you to use another alice in wonderland reference? Though I'd point you to huck finn and a little fence whitewashing there for you.
how many strokes have you had, muad'dib?
Old 02-29-2016, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
how many strokes have you had, muad'dib?
"Alice In Wonderland Syndrome and Stroke
Treato found 10 discussions about Stroke and Alice In Wonderland Syndrome on the web.
Symptoms and conditions also mentioned with Alice In Wonderland Syndrome in patients' discussions"

Ahhh that explains it now. You know, you can seek treatment for that, right? Please do get some help, no one should suffer so [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-01-2016, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcuMqreUDBY
Old 03-01-2016, 01:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He really truly doesn't give a shit about the system or improving it though. Yea, he hates the system, so do we. Cool. That's as far as it goes. Nearly everything he'd actually do would just make things worse. And that's assuming he could do anything at all, having alienated both Democrats and his own party which rules Congress (which may even be changing soon because Dems actually vote in the quadrennial elections).

Trump is nearly as bad a liar as Clinton, constantly changing, obscuring, and contradicting his own views, metamorphosing depending upon whether he's currently speaking in a Republican debate, or in Iowa.

Big J & pals make really good points about the select few things that are admirable about Trump, but those are ultimately horrible reasons to elect someone president of the United States.

I'm still torn about whether he is actually worse than Hillary, but I know one thing: Trump is an asshole, and a shitty candidate.
as far as life as we know it right now? He is definitely worse than Hillary.. but if you hate life as we know it now, hes definitely better.

He will cause waves and problems that would at least get people more involved in politics, because they'd have to be, which arguably in the long run could be more healthy for america, than just a slow decline of our interest in the system, politics, or anything that has any day to day effect on our lives thats out of our control. AKA a hillary presidency

I mean, idk why people are having such a hard time figuring out why hes winning with the repubs. A party that shuts down the government, doesnt think the president has any power, hates the establishment... what is suprising for everyone?

You think they care that he flip flops ore lies or what have you? they think thats the whole system RIGHT NOW it doesnt matter that he does.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:15 AM
Banned

No, TRUMP is not worse than Shillary literally any way that you try to swing it. Anything negative you can attach to TRUMP you can attach at least tenfold to Shillary.
Closed Thread