Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swindle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Devs have families you know. Perhaps they have plans to spend some of their "free" time with them this weekend rather than slave away 24/7 so we can play on a free server. Donations are great, but it is still their effort and spare time, for free, that keeps this thing going.
highly doubt this would be the reason since rogean took friday off just for the server but yes, families first of course
Old 04-16-2010, 12:42 PM
Kobold

This is slightly off-topic, and might sound ignorant, but whats with all the hype over Kick-ass? I've seen previews and commercials for it, and to me, it doesen't look like anything more than some nerdy kids disguising themselves as superheroes for a day,and fighting crime. How original..
???
Old 04-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intricus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is slightly off-topic, and might sound ignorant, but whats with all the hype over Kick-ass? I've seen previews and commercials for it, and to me, it doesen't look like anything more than some nerdy kids disguising themselves as superheroes for a day,and fighting crime. How original..
???
You have to go see it. I saw the sneak peak scenes exclusively at comic-con. It is going to be hilarious

The trailers really do not do it much justice once you have seen those scenes.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Kobold

Default Kick Ass

The trailers are sanitized for regular TV. This is an R rated film. There is an International trailer you can search for and it will give you a better idea of what the buzz is about.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Any updates, Rogean ?
Old 04-16-2010, 02:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorjorkill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think thats it at all. New server, new DC. I'm sure Rog can't wait to get this thing up and play with it. Takes a certain type of compassion from an individual to put the time and effort into something like this for all of us, free of charge. You can bet the only thing holding it up is the DC, and not that Rogean is dragging his feet and going to see kick-ass 7 times today.

The second this thing is racked and piped, Rogean will be RAS. He is going to need time to get all the network config done server end, run metrics, and get it all ready to go. I would imagine this will go pretty quickly, if the DC takes those rails they get this morning that were fedex'd and installs them immediately. Though in my experience, they will get tossed on a desk and installed right before the crew leaves for the day.

OT rates vary for initial setup, but I'm guessing if the DC is US based, about $175 an hour, 2 hour minimum.

So go mash the donate button, as this will be helpful even if the server is not up tonight, in the future I'm sure we are going to need some weekend OT at the DC - and who knows, it may just help our cause this weekend.

Thanks R-
I would hope not, because that movie looks dumb as shit. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-16-2010, 02:12 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rails were delivered ~ 9:45 AM, still nothing from data center.

I'll call them at 3 if I haven't heard anything yet.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 04-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Aviak

Thumbs up

good work as always rog, two thumbs up
Old 04-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rails were delivered ~ 9:45 AM, still nothing from data center.

I'll call them at 3 if I haven't heard anything yet.
I just popped a semi
Old 04-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh my gawd I am so excited. Is the server coming up tonight ? I might just call off my date with my hunky new boy toy if this is true.

There's only one word to describe this server and that is Faaaaabuuulooouuus.

I am dancing to madonna right now in preparation.
Gayer than cum on a mustache.
Closed Thread