Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Fire Giant

The fact that the server will succeed is not because there are idiots who will pay for a half assed server.... they just don't understand what a good job would be like.

Well, at least that is part of it. I also think people that leave this place for fippy are making a mistake. I guarantee that place will be more lenient on boxing and 3rd party programs than this server. Not to mention all the exploitable bugs that won't get fixed because of their 'limited dev resources'.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:21 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Go play the server, spread the word about P99, come back for Kunark.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 02-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Fire Giant

Really should use it as a springboard for more players for this server.

I wouldn't trust any code from the server though... probably altered or from past classic.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Aviak

More lenient on boxing Otto ? ummmm yeah , you can 12 box there if you want.
Most of the dupe bugs are fixed on eq live though.
The people won't poop sock it as much. Or hack into the back of the server for raid target spawn times.
Gm's won't ban people for no reason.
Kunark will be out in less than 3 years.
They won't have ex-devs that Didn't really care for classic eq... like Secrets working on a classic server.
It won't be as classic as this server, but it won't have the pathing issues of this server either.
SoE will probably send the shut down P1999 papers to Rogean shortly after release of fippy for showing people how to illegally download the client in the startup guide. Just an educated guess.

I had a lot of fun on this server, but too many drawbacks.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueylewis187 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More lenient on boxing Otto ? ummmm yeah , you can 12 box there if you want.
The people won't poop sock it as much. Or hack into the back of the server for raid target spawn times.
They won't have ex-devs that Didn't really care for classic eq... like Secrets working on a classic server.
It won't be as classic as this server, but it won't have the pathing issues of this server either.
SoE will probably send the shut down P1999 papers to Rogean shortly after release of fippy for showing people how to illegally download the client in the startup guide. Just an educated guess.

I had a lot of fun on this server, but too many drawbacks.
project1999 isn't going to get shut down. you sound bitter.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they had a fixed 1 year per expansion ... maybe. If I needed to blaze through an expansion every 60-90 days to keep up, no thanks.

90 days, 60 days, it will become the same as the other progression servers.

Too many expansions, too fast is what killed EQ.

The voting is a great idea. But only if it drags out when expansions are released.

H
interesting, because one of my biggest issues with p99 is that progression is too slow.

on p99 CASUAL players are walking around with multiple 50 toons and in full raid gear with the exception of high end sky.

i will be playing on p99 and the new live server. if they use the same "roll back" as the last progression server it will be classic enough for me to enjoy, and I have always liked the idea of starting fresh on a new server.

heck, if p99 offered a new server I would start there too.

so much hate here. what do you care if someone wants to go pay 15$ to play a game (well, 30$ since I'll be boxing there).
Old 02-06-2011, 11:24 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueylewis187 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Most".

I'm not aware of any dupe bugs on P99 that exist at the moment, so therefor.. "All" dupe bugs are fixed on P99 though.

Quote:
The people won't poop sock it as much.
Apparently you never played combine, but good luck with that assumption.

Quote:
Or hack into the back of the server for raid target spawn times.
Never happened.

Quote:
Neither will they here. The difference is we are more strict about the rules we put in place, and people that disagree with those rules and think they can get away with it are met with a rude awakening. On live, you can get away with using macroquest, you can get away with training people, stealing mobs... Not here. Obey the rules and there's no issue. Treat our staff like human beings, and there is no issue.

Quote:
17 Months is hardly 3 years.

Quote:
Actually I'd agree with this one.. because every single one of their devs won't really care for classic eq, because that's not what they are providing.

Quote:
I'd hardly call pathing different from what you remember it as "issues". We have a different system, there are invetibly issues with any system in use, including the one on live. There are pathing issues in every live expansion in existance.

Quote:
Uh, what? Where does it explain in the startup guide how to illegally download the client? Please quote it to me.. this is nothing but a blatant lie.

Our server operates with approval from Sony. They have already been in contact with us regarding several issues. Why do you think there was a crackdown on RMT, especially those related to a website which won't be named. I'll leave it at that.

You seem to be comparing this server an aweful lot to that of Sony's. They are not the same server, nor do they aim to be. You are also comparing a multi million dollar company with a full time development staff of educated and experienced people, to a small group of people with little to no education and experience running professional mmo games, who make no money off of this, who work only in their free time as a hobby. I think with all things considered, what we provide is damn good for what we've put into it.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 02-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isidro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Slathar, thanks for the heads up on the early release date! Server sounds like it will be a good time.

PS: Harrison, does this mean that you aren't going to be joining my progression server guild anymore?

Isidro
Guild Leader of <Imaginary Combat Medics>
Lol I love the disturbing level of obsession you freaks go to here, it's hilarious.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol I love the disturbing level of obsession you freaks go to here, it's hilarious.
Don't be bitter just cause he got a great shot in on ya, after all you did look like a huge asshole for making that shit up. Plus the way you talk out of your ass such as calling people who'd play on the new server utter retards just because you won't, you're just asking for it most of the time.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

edit: nevermind
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Last edited by Lazortag; 02-07-2011 at 08:37 PM..
Closed Thread