Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 10:28 PM
Orc

I drank water and even had some food.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyzoku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know what else to do with my time. I remember liking vaginas but only vaguely.
This is so gold.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:31 PM
Kobold

Donated in appreciation for those that are spending their free time fixing my hobby.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:32 PM
Sarnak

The only time it will fail is when two disks failed simultaneously but such probability is one in a million! As a result, one may tend to believe that RAID can not fail.

The reality: RAID fails

In reality and to the surprise of most, RAID could fail and often fail. See some typical scenario below :
Scenario 1:
When one hard disk fails, very often, there is no hot standby. As a result, the raid array is running on degraded mode. While waiting for the replacement drive which may take a day or two, the likelihood of next drive failure disabling the raid volume is very high. It is reasonable to assume that all the drives in the array are from the same batch and subject to equal amount of working stress. So if one disk fails, the other is also near imminent failure and it often does.

Scenario 2:
Most raid server has a single controller. Its failure will result in catastrophic single point of failure.

Scenario 3:
Frequently, due to power surge, the controller or a number of disk elements could fail resulting in total loss of data. It is also found that a power surge may corrupt the RAID configuration setting of NVRAM in the controller card.

Scenario 4:
It is also commonly found that while replacing a faulty drive in an attempt to rebuild the raid volume to healthy state, wrong procedures are performed resulting in wrong or partial rebuild, or complete system breakdown upon completion of rebuild.

Scenario 5:
Not to forget that a RAID configuration with fault tolerance at best only intends to protect the physical failure, but not logical corruption such as system corruption, virus infection, or inadvertent deletion.

Types Of RAID failures

To summarize, RAID server often fails as a result of the following situations and frequently, a combination of them :
Malfunctioned Controller Missing RAID partition Power Surge
Data Deletion or reformat Virus Attack Inadvertent reconfiguration of RAID volume
Raid rebuild error or volume reconstruction problem
Multiple disk failure in off-line state resulting in loss of RAID volume
Wrong replacement of good disk element belonging to a working raid volume
Loss of RAID disk access after system or application upgrade
Loss of RAID configuration settings or system registry

In case you have a RAID server failure, you may want to read the emergency RAID Rescue guide before sending the disk to us for data recovery.

ouch that could cause a server wipe cleaned. just gotta be gentle with her. if it does I am not bother i will just start from a clean slate

I donated the 40 for that reason reset the server then we all can race for xp and have fun together like the olden days.
But I really just donated because I love this server and the people that who run it, and the people who are in it.

I Love you man, I don't care man you are not getting my bud light.
LOL

Thanks Sincerely, Kishift Inggears GL of The Elite
Old 05-25-2015, 10:33 PM
Large Bat

Now that daybreak has officially acknowledged p99, can they start actively soliciting donations?
Old 05-25-2015, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eptar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now that daybreak has officially acknowledged p99, can they start actively soliciting donations?
pay2win?
Old 05-25-2015, 10:37 PM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just put in a $10. Do it!
Old 05-25-2015, 10:39 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thumbs up WHERES MY FAVORITE GAME!?!??!

PLZ, roegan, bring back red99 to online status so i can go finish leveling up!! lol gotta hit 60 before velious launches$$ And thanks to all the admin for keeping this version of EQ going!! much appreciated.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is an array failure, but nothing is lost. Not even a rollback (We have active replication). But we need to get the database server back up and running. Could be a couple hours folks.
Just trying to help....

DB integrity check before taxing is always the last step before I allow active connections.

And, for all your unknowing out there. The DB failure due to HDD loss for the most part isn't a complete loss especially when you have in/active redundancy. To fix it though take hours of clicking, and waiting for verification type checks. Sounds like whoever does your DB admin stuff knows what they are doing.

Thanks again P99 team.
Last edited by dafier; 05-25-2015 at 10:43 PM..
Old 05-25-2015, 10:42 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We have the physical server back up and we're working on restoring data. Looking at possibly 12 to 1 AM ETA.*

Rough guess estimate. Could be delayed

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Closed Thread