Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

It took awhile but the Buff Lines page is now all caught up with everything everyone has mentioned here. Thanks for the feedback all, and if you see anything else please let me know!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:54 AM
Kobold

How does clicky Aura of Battle (on items like Fearsome Shield or Pauldrons of Ferocity) stack with other spells?
Old 03-13-2019, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does clicky Aura of Battle (on items like Fearsome Shield or Pauldrons of Ferocity) stack with other spells?
I am not an expert on this at all, but my understanding (largely based on Lucy data) is that multiple Aura of Battle effects don't stack, even if one comes from a worn source (http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.htm...99&source=Live) and one comes from a click (http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.htm...27&source=Live).

I thought I remember reading that there was evidence that multiple Aura of Battle effects (whatever their source) should stack in this era, and that fits my own (flawed) memory of classic because I remember wanting to get the Spirit Wracked Cord and another AoB item, with the belief that I'd get 4 HP/tick regen ... but either the devs didn't agree with that evidence or they haven't gotten around to making the change yet.

So at this point I've updated the Buff Lines page to reflect the above: AoB doesn't stack with itself under any circumstances, and also doesn't stack with the wolf illusions or avatar/primal essence spells. But if anyone knows better please speak up.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

AoB worn/buff will stack the +Attack but the Regen on p99 does not stack (it should stack however but it currently does not)

Also the +Attack on all worn AoB items also stacks
Old 03-13-2019, 02:09 PM
Orc

Great Job!!
I really appreciate the time you took to put this together Loramin.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:43 AM
Sarnak

I like it! I've done a fair amount of independent research on buff stacking, so I knew almost all of this already, but it is nice to see it laid out like this in one place.

I believe the Shade, Protection and Aego are all on the same line for AC, since they all use slot 4. Let me see, I did a stacking spreadsheet at one point with some buffs based on the spell effects.dat file, what did I have in there....

AC=1 HP=69 STR
1442 Protection of the Glades 1 69 79 15 148 148 24 470
1537 Bulwark of Faith 10 10 10 1 254 254 37
Yaulp II 4 1 9 20
1462 Call of Earth 10 59 1 254 254 254 25

Didn't format great here, but basically I think it was Slot 1: POTG, Slot 2: Empty, Slot 3: Call of Earth, Slot 4:Bulwark of Faith for max AC on non-bard, targetable buffs.

One thing I really need to nail down are all of the incidental stacking dependency issues. For example, VoG and SoS block Null Aura, and Focus of Spirit blocks Aura of Purity, which is listed on their wiki pages now but it would be nice to have some sort of way to see what blocks what. I also need to figure out if ATK buffs in slot 3 stack with Ragebringer or not, I did a test on that once but forget the result.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Loramin I used this page yesterday and it was very helpful. Great job.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:34 PM
VIP / Contributor

Looks very nice Loramin

Cylock the Halfing Slayer
Old 03-15-2019, 02:52 PM
Fire Giant

Loramin, can you please post this on the other guy's wiki on MMORPGTips.com? It would be more pleasing to the eye if it were on that si.....ooooh I'm just kidding.

Great work as always, mate. I used this the other day on my shaman. Almost got all the best spells figured out, but this guide fills in the holes in my knowledge.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:54 PM
Planar Protector

Wow, awesome Loramin!