Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys who wants to debate some identity politics?!
Nope nope nope. 2017, deal with it. Or don't. It's a free country.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Wait, is it gay if a heterosexual man roleplays his female character as a lesbian dominatrix? Asking for a friend.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:49 PM
Kobold

I usually roll female characters.

Why?

- I prefer to look at women.
- I like boobs and butts and most of the female armor likes them too...(See human banded, or DE plate)
- The female models look better than the male ones
- Other players are generally nicer to female characters out the gate
Old 10-30-2017, 04:02 PM
Banned

My human monk identifies as a female dark elf and Sir Ken still refuses to give me a Guise so that my gender/race dysphoria can be resolved. This is not the 1940's and I refuse to adapt to your circle of perpetual misogyny Ken. Give me the guise
Old 10-30-2017, 04:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys who wants to debate some identity politics?!
What do you got?
Old 10-30-2017, 05:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My human monk identifies as a female dark elf and Sir Ken still refuses to give me a Guise so that my gender/race dysphoria can be resolved. This is not the 1940's and I refuse to adapt to your circle of perpetual misogyny Ken. Give me the guise
LoL.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:49 PM
Sarnak

It's simple really.
All ogres are male
All trolls are male.
90-95% of iksar are male, there are no female iksar shaman's or necromancers or shadowknights or warriors but like 1% of iksar monks are female somehow.
All wood elves are female, 80% of high elves are female.
Erudites don't exist.
Humans get a 70/30 split.
All 90% of gnomes are male.
Halflings are about a 50/50 split.
Dwarves are 80% male. Only clerics can be female.

Personally I like making bards non-gnome casters clerics and druids female, everything else I'd probably roll male, although a bit part of that is ogres.

I think a lot of it for me at least comes down to some of the models being a lot better or worse than others in this game. Some of the heavier armors look a bit silly IMO on females due to their weird polygons. Shorter models don't really suffer this problem, and as someone else pointed out before neither do robes.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

I have never been able to play female characters. And honestly it kind of annoys me that it ruins my experience. But I also don't want some creepy pimple faced neckbeard sending me tells trying to fish for my sex irl.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have never been able to play female characters. And honestly it kind of annoys me that it ruins my experience. But I also don't want some creepy pimple faced neckbeard sending me tells trying to fish for my sex irl.
I started being comfortable playing female characters on swtor, for some reason the PVP seemed to alleviate a lot of the pervy weird tells and stuff, I guess it's assumed most that play female toons who PVP a lot are probably male? I still got called all kinds of misogynistic names in the warzones, but that just made me try harder to piss enemies off.

It seems trolling is more effective on a female character too. I think some dudes actually get more angry when a female toon beats them in a game. I was called a bitch so many times in warzones, that just made me grin harder. The angst on swtor in warzones was real! (I miss that.)

I had a fairly equal amount of male versus female characters on swtor! Since then, I have felt pretty comfortable playing female characters.

***Sadly there's no PVP on p99, so I seem to get more pimply faced neckbeards who send me tells trying to fish for my sex irl.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started being comfortable playing female characters on swtor, for some reason the PVP seemed to alleviate a lot of the pervy weird tells and stuff, I guess it's assumed most that play female toons who PVP a lot are probably male? I still got called all kinds of misogynistic names in the warzones, but that just made me try harder to piss enemies off.

It seems trolling is more effective on a female character too. I think some dudes actually get more angry when a female toon beats them in a game. I was called a bitch so many times in warzones, that just made me grin harder. The angst on swtor in warzones was real! (I miss that.)

I had a fairly equal amount of male versus female characters on swtor! Since then, I have felt pretty comfortable playing female characters.

***Sadly there's no PVP on p99, so I seem to get more pimply faced neckbeards who send me tells trying to fish for my sex irl.
Pimply-faced neckbeards may be annoying, but I've also seen worse. CSGO was much like the SWTOR PVP experience you described. A day with just "go make me a sandwich" insults is a good day; a bad day would be the entire lobby of 20 strangers changing their Steam name to some misogynistic version of your name or teaming up to verbally bash you (and anyone who stands up for you) or intentionally kill you because they don't want you to be on their team. The funny part is that in CSGO you don't pick gender or character appearance, all of the avatars are male. People figure out your gender via voice chat, assumptions based on your name, or you telling them. The anonymity of the internet can be ugly sometimes.

Off-topic: On the SWTOR server I played on, warzones are officially dead. You either join a pre-formed team and schedule to play against another pre-formed team for a couple hours on the weekend, or you don't play. Ever. A real pity, they were fun.

IRT OP: I play female characters because that's who I've always played. At this point it's habit more than anything else.
Closed Thread