Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 03:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got life threateningly drunk one time playing my ranger.

I woke up in my chair with my character naked at the bottom of the gorge in Overthere. Had to retrace the night hangover style to find my corpse. All the /says /oocs and zone info had long since scrolled past and all I had was my tell info. Apparently I ended up in Field of Bone where I was PLing noobs and also KSing them, until a Crusader killed me. Then I must have tried to get back to my corpse, fell in the ravine, and passed out.
reminds me of getting lost in lower faydark once for like a straight hour, eventually running in brownie hut and dying and then having to try to find my corpse drunk while reading the wiki. It never worked out.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:55 AM
Sarnak

A month or two back I was trying to get from Cabilis to the Skyfire ramp in OT.

I died 3 times, twice on corpse runs, and was about to lose my mind before a helpful rogue brought me my corpse at the WW zoneline

I was a complete mess and I'd do it again in a heartbeat
Old 06-07-2017, 05:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A month or two back I was trying to get from Cabilis to the Skyfire ramp in OT.

I died 3 times, twice on corpse runs, and was about to lose my mind before a helpful rogue brought me my corpse at the WW zoneline

I was a complete mess and I'd do it again in a heartbeat
I'm a strong advocate of the position that corpse runs can be one of the most enjoyable parts of EQ. I mean, if it is successful, at least the loot should be good! If not, then at least it is going to be easy to find upgrades to your empty slots.

Kind of a shame they restore rotted corpses from that perspective!
Old 06-07-2017, 07:34 AM
Kobold

I prefer not to play with people that are messed up.. last night in oasis a monk in my group was high and basically sat drooling at the screen most of the time.. didn't follow mobs to finish them. and half the time didn't even attack.. was rather pissed off bout that.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetech [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I prefer not to play with people that are messed up.. last night in oasis a monk in my group was high and basically sat drooling at the screen most of the time.. didn't follow mobs to finish them. and half the time didn't even attack.. was rather pissed off bout that.
What is there to be pissed off about? It's not like his life is yours! Sounds like something to be grateful for!

I'm happy that p99 provides a nice padded sand box for these folks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 06-07-2017, 08:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetech [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yep as a tank I hate melee that don't follow mobs when I'm positioning. If it takes u more than a couple seconds to reposition, your not paying attention and probably watching netflix
Old 06-07-2017, 08:27 AM
Banned

There was a Bard in <Asgard> named Dyzzi who would get on vent completely sh!t faced at least once or twice a week raging about Totinos pizza and vodka.

P99ers being drug addicts and drunks is not something just invented on the forums, the struggle is real
Old 06-07-2017, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99ers being drug addicts and drunks is not something just invented on the forums, the struggle is real
I recently attended a lecture on hording, and am currently reading an article about the effects of long term unemployment on the sense of self.

I was surprised by how much each of these made me think of the p99. Probably just a symptom of my own obsession, rather than anything to do with the servers' population.
Last edited by Jimjam; 06-07-2017 at 08:43 AM..
Old 06-07-2017, 10:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is there to be pissed off about? It's not like his life is yours! Sounds like something to be grateful for!

I'm happy that p99 provides a nice padded sand box for these folks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Pissed off that he wasn't pulling his weight in the group.. i don't care if someone wants to be a drunk. thats their choice but when you are dead weight it's now our problem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-07-2017, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

If you're that inebriated, how do find the computer to play?
Amateurs.
Closed Thread