Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

Question NECRO - Poison Bolt (lv.4) Aggro Too High?

Now I don’t play a Necro on P99, but I’ve grouped with a few of them… and I’ve noticed (and the Necros playing my groups have agreed) that the aggro portion of Poison Bolt found at level 4 is crazy high. I would have aggro from a mob the entire fight (or the main tank would), and the instant the Necro cast Poison Bolt – it was cause the mob to aggro straight on him until the fight was over. There was no breaking the aggro generated by that spell (I didn’t test it with Taunt since I didn’t have that ability).

But when the Necro in the group used any and all other abilities, they wouldn’t pull aggro (unless suddenly spell spamming).

Has any other Necro’s (or friends of Necro’s) at a lower level find this to be true?
Old 04-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Sarnak

cloude desease is way much higher aggro than poison bolt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] even at 28 i can out-aggro a tank with this spell .
Old 04-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Sarnak

Maybe Disease Cloud is the spell I meant to refer to... it's the one that causes a green flashing effect on the Mob? I can't remember the exact text it spits out when this happens.

Either way, it's some lower level spell that causes a crazy amount of aggro. If this is classic, then cool I'll drop the thread. Just thought it was really high.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:10 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMagic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe Disease Cloud is the spell I meant to refer to... it's the one that causes a green flashing effect on the Mob? I can't remember the exact text it spits out when this happens.

Either way, it's some lower level spell that causes a crazy amount of aggro. If this is classic, then cool I'll drop the thread. Just thought it was really high.
Yep. Disease Cloud in classic was crazy high aggro and it made Shadowknights quite valuable in pickup groups. Necromancers also get the spell.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Sarnak

Ok cool - then I'm fine with it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for clearing it up!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Large Bat

Yeah, a lot of our spells have the green animation. I never bothered to use disease cloud as a necromancer on live for the same reasons I don't here, it was always meant to be a threat generator. Poison bolt aggression is working as intended thankfully [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread