Planar Protector

Default Which one of you nerds

wrote this shit?

http://www.wolfsheadonline.com/proje...-and-the-ugly/

TLDR
Old 02-23-2016, 06:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Even the main sub-Reddit for P1999 which is apparently moderated by members of the most powerful P1999 guild Bregan D’Aerth there is the lingering impression that censorship that favors the management of P1999 is going on.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:47 PM
Banned

HIGH LIGHTS:

"P1999 has attracted and perhaps produced the highest caliber of players that I have ever seen in any MMO. The world of Norrath is so severe and unforgiving that every player must master his class in order to survive and progress."

"Naturally, P1999 has its share of bad apples but for the most part the player community is light years better than the community you will find in popular MMORPGs such as Blizzard’s World of Warcraft."

“Behind the high profile e-celebrity staff members that have Twitch.tv streams and post on the forums

“Recently they introduced a patch that removed all of the hybrid class experience penalties. This has caused a welcome influx of hybrid classes such as paladins, shadow knights and rangers who are needed as tanks.”

“Most volunteers Guides on P1999 last between 18 and 24 months before they become overwhelmed, frustrated and burnout and leave entirely. Recently a beloved Guide named Moregan (also known by his player name of Greengrocer — a flamboyant, quirky, fun-loving role-player who sold food in the EC tunnel) was removed from P1999 CSR staff. His P1999 forum accounts were banned and a thread started explaining the removal of Guide Moregan was promptly locked and other threads in appreciation of his service were deleted. In a Reddit thread Guide Moregan explained why he left and gives the reader plenty of insight as to the level of mismanagement and apathy in the current CSR system on P1999”

“I have also noticed an unhealthy “us versus them” attitude coming from some of the CSR staff on P1999. Unfortunately a siege mentality can sometime occur when people are stressed out because of constantly having to deal with a minority of bad people who are violating the rules. In the real world this phenomenon often affects law enforcement who sometimes develop the very same adversarial mentality and start to see the public as the enemy. The volunteers are caught in the middle having to deal with an excessive workload of difficult and time consuming petitions coming from players and apathy and indifference from upper management.”
“About two weeks after Guide Moregan’s departure I noticed a visible increase in the number of Guides online. I also noticed the staff have wisely stopped superfluous posting on the forums which has helped the improve the tattered image of P1999 CSRs. Let’s hope that this incident has been a wake up call for the P1999 management to staff the servers accordingly and clean up this mess.”
“The fear of retribution from P1999 staffers — even though it may be just a perceived fear — is palpable. Many players are afraid to speak out and voice their concerns on the forums. Even the main sub-Reddit for P1999 which is apparently moderated by members of the most powerful P1999 guild Bregan D’Aerth there is the lingering impression that censorship that favors the management of P1999 is going on.”

BDA MOST POWERFUL P99 GUILD – ROFL

“Case in point: the most proflic P1999 Everquest Twitch.tv streamer named Redwjamz was recently banned from P1999 just one week after interviewing Guide Moregan/GreenGrocer on his stream. This person has probably done more to get the word out to the gaming community about P1999 than anyone yet he was removed from the server in a Stalinist like purge.”

“BEWARE THE TOXIC FORUMS - I recommend that all players stay away from the forums especially the Rants and Flames section where trolls run wild and guild versus guild drama is on full display. Some areas of the forums are toxic wasteland dominated by a mere handful of players who post 90% of the forum posts. Some of the vilest trolls and slobbering sycophants of MMO humanity have assembled here that make the FoH forum participants look like saints. Learn to use the vBulletin ignore feature.”

“Like the alpha lion that kills all its male competition, the powerful guilds who are at the top of the food chain run the show on P1999. They take whatever they can for themselves and leave the scraps for the rest of us. Most of the players in these guilds have multiple level 60 characters who are camped out at most raid spots ready to mobilize via the “bat phone” to take down raid mobs. So not only are their main characters getting the very best loot, so too are their alts which is unfairly keeping other lesser guilds from accessing any raid content and advancing their characters.”

“In order for P1999 to survive they will most certainly need to add in more existing content from subsequent expansions. My advice would be to start selectively adding in new expansions that retain the spirit of classic EverQuest. Add the features that were good and subtract the features that were bad.
o Shadows of Luclin expansion with its wealth of new and revamped content, the beastlord class and the Alternate Advancement (AA) system should be added but without the awful new character models and without the bazaar.
o Planes of Power with it’s added 5 levels, new abilities, spells, AAs and zones should be added without the implementation of the books of knowledge instant teleports.
o Legacy of Ykesha that offered content for mid-level players should be added as well.
When players have nothing left to achieve or strive for the game is over. MMORPGs that fail to expand will most certainly enter into a death spiral. The choice for the management of P1999 is simple: expand or die.”
Old 02-23-2016, 06:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Even the main sub-Reddit for P1999 which is apparently moderated by members of the most powerful P1999 guild Bregan D’Aerth there is the lingering impression that censorship that favors the management of P1999 is going on.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
“BEWARE THE TOXIC FORUMS - I recommend that all players stay away from the forums especially the Rants and Flames section where trolls run wild and guild versus guild drama is on full display. Some areas of the forums are toxic wasteland dominated by a mere handful of players who post 90% of the forum posts. Some of the vilest trolls and slobbering sycophants of MMO humanity have assembled here that make the FoH forum participants look like saints. Learn to use the vBulletin ignore feature.”
I'm proud of every single one of you *wipes tear from eye*

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-23-2016, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

lool writing novels about blue grief when red server is only a click away

lets be men
Old 02-23-2016, 07:32 PM
Banned

Someone found my article.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

i skipped to "the bad" where its obvious dude is a pussy. theres a whole 2 paragraphs about bards (which i did not read at all).

poor dungeon design? go play pokemon
Old 02-23-2016, 07:41 PM
Fire Giant

personally I loved the plug for "beloved guide moregan" and the plugs for "daybreak to step in and fix things". no agenda here, nope
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 02-23-2016, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
One of the things I hated about EQ is the nefarious and shameful practice of making mobs who appear to be a particular level but have the stats of much higher level mobs. Dorn B’Dynn is one such mob. One of the smugglers in Highpass Hold is another. The world of Norrath is full of these nasty bastards courtesy of mean-spirited and sadistic developers who included these mobs for no other purpose but to in order to kill unsuspecting players.

This kind of practice is dishonest and it’s a violation of trust. If an NPC is considered by as player then it should behave according to the consider data which the player sees. All I can say is that I hope some of these sadistic game designers are no longer in the video game industry.
wut
Closed Thread