Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Would you participate in a guildwar under this system?
I enjoy PvP and would like this system. 126 64.29%
I enjoy PvP but I don't like this system. 14 7.14%
I don't like PvP. 56 28.57%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Banned

To everyone that wants rewards, you fail it wont happen.

To the guy crying because this isn't a pvp server and pvp doesn't belong here, shut up, you suck, go away. No one is forcing you to do any type of pvp.

I think the rules stated by the OP are about as fair and the best you can ask for on this server. There shouldn't be any rewards as far as points, visuals, titles, etc. There will always be someone who earns them in a stupid way that don't deserve it.

The current way he has it set up to where people are kept out of PvP that are not in the guilds at war is a good idea, forcing people to be brought into pvp fights that buff/heal has always been an issue. If you can't bring them in, keeping them out is a good alternative.

Someone also mentioned well couldn't a guild invite a newbie and then have them killed by an opposing guild. The answer is yes and who gives a shit, thats so much work to kill some person and it will never happen. If it did the people setting up this conspiracy to kill a newbie are idiots and they won't gain anything from the kill anyways. All the newbie has to do is a quick corpse run, remove themselves from the guild and leave the zone.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

I think this system looks great. I will likely roll an alt specifically to join a pvp guild. And I agree with those who say no rewards are necessary....even a leaderboard will be added incentive for folks to cheat.

And if you want to trick a newb into getting ganked, tell them you have some plat for them but they need to target you and type /d to bring up the trade window.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Someone also mentioned well couldn't a guild invite a newbie and then have them killed by an opposing guild. The answer is yes and who gives a shit, thats so much work to kill some person and it will never happen. If it did the people setting up this conspiracy to kill a newbie are idiots and they won't gain anything from the kill anyways. All the newbie has to do is a quick corpse run, remove themselves from the guild and leave the zone.
Reminder to the staff: don't forget to add 'FYI' about that on the Newbie FAQ's, etc...

That could be frustrating for a few if they don't know anything about it. And no doubt, some bored asshat will try something like that.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Orc

Probably too much to do, but what about a window for each person in the guild when they are online that pops up and asks if they would like to participate in the guild war?

They could select which ever option they like. If they choose no, they could type /guildwar accept or /guildwar participate at a later time if they decide they would like to participate.

This could keep the low members of a guild from getting griefed in newbie zones.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Aviak

C'mon, guys, why are you asking for extra shit from the developers? Some people wanted a PvP option and here it is! Why are some of you acting like you've been automatically enrolled in it?

I don't know how many guilds will take part in this because, let's face it, there are carebears here who will throw a shit fit about it with their guild leadership if that's the direction they want to go in at some point. But there are others of us who will enjoy being able to hunt actual players. That's the added benefit. This ain't wow, you don't get honor points to spend on gear. You get to be pigeon-chested when you burn down another player.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonthorne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably too much to do, but what about a window for each person in the guild when they are online that pops up and asks if they would like to participate in the guild war?

They could select which ever option they like. If they choose no, they could type /guildwar accept or /guildwar participate at a later time if they decide they would like to participate.

This could keep the low members of a guild from getting griefed in newbie zones.
It also allows people to go in and out of pvp too freely, if your guild decides to go to war then they are at war. This isn't just a duel, the weak will be killed!!!!! BWUAHAHAHA .......

Oh wait I'm one of the weak ones....
Old 09-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cured [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
C'mon, guys, why are you asking for extra shit from the developers? Some people wanted a PvP option and here it is! Why are some of you acting like you've been automatically enrolled in it?

I don't know how many guilds will take part in this because, let's face it, there are carebears here who will throw a shit fit about it with their guild leadership if that's the direction they want to go in at some point. But there are others of us who will enjoy being able to hunt actual players. That's the added benefit. This ain't wow, you don't get honor points to spend on gear. You get to be pigeon-chested when you burn down another player.
I had a thought...

There are many who aren't in larger guilds or even guilds that want to participate. Some of us outright avoid the 'bigger' guilds because above and beyond anything in this game, we want to avoid excessive drama..

I don't know if it's 'do-able' - but could you have two NPC's that can /guildinvite you to one of two guilds... "Darks" or "Lights" - name them what you will.

Allowing unguilded people to participate in PvP without a real guild. It would work like the VZ/TZ system then - good vs. evil in concept.

Of course, you would be in the 'team guild' - but then guild chat would just function as an enhanced way of inner-team communications and such.

There would be no 'guild leader' save maybe for a GM toon of some sort, or maybe the GM's could just /invite people with a petition rather than a NPC, or whatever. Not asking for a major change so much, just two static 'PvP' guilds...

Stupid idea?
Old 09-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Banned

I think thats a great idea. They wouldn't be able to participate in any real guild vs guild since they couldn't accept or decline any war requests, but thats fine. You join the dark or light guild and you are auto red to only the opposing dark/light team. I don't know about guild chat, I mean you really wouldn't even have to have that for them, its basically an unorganized guild that just offers the option for loners to pvp.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:30 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I dig it.

Do we want to force good/evil races to a certain side ala sullon zek?

Also I make no promises if the rest of the dev team doesn't support it.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had a thought...

There are many who aren't in larger guilds or even guilds that want to participate. Some of us outright avoid the 'bigger' guilds because above and beyond anything in this game, we want to avoid excessive drama..

I don't know if it's 'do-able' - but could you have two NPC's that can /guildinvite you to one of two guilds... "Darks" or "Lights" - name them what you will.

Allowing unguilded people to participate in PvP without a real guild. It would work like the VZ/TZ system then - good vs. evil in concept.

Of course, you would be in the 'team guild' - but then guild chat would just function as an enhanced way of inner-team communications and such.

There would be no 'guild leader' save maybe for a GM toon of some sort, or maybe the GM's could just /invite people with a petition rather than a NPC, or whatever. Not asking for a major change so much, just two static 'PvP' guilds...

Stupid idea?

This is a great idea!.

How do we stop someone having their friend the cleric follow them around unguilded and healing people to full with no pvp recourse? The pvp flag that stops you from getting heals/buffs from non pvp players is terrible when you wanna stay pvp for a while but still group but the threat of immortal healing is too powerfull.

Any ideas?

Sullon Zek Sunday
Closed Thread