Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Would you participate in a guildwar under this system?
I enjoy PvP and would like this system. 126 64.29%
I enjoy PvP but I don't like this system. 14 7.14%
I don't like PvP. 56 28.57%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 10:56 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Guildwar 2.0

Guildwar System.

First off, This is a proposal. I want to get opinions on the system. I won't spend the time implimenting this if theres not a decent amount of people that would like to use it. I also don't think that a 'vanilla' /guildwar command would really work out either, so this is why I've come up with these mechanics.

Initiation
A guild leader will target any member of another guild and type /guildwar. That guild's officers and leader will get a notice notifying them of the proposed guildwar. Once a /guildwar offer is made, it will stay until either accepted or declined by the second guild, or withdrawn by the first guild.

A guild may decline or withdraw a Guildwar offer by targetting any member of the other guild and typing /guildpeace.

Warring
Once a guildwar has been accepted, all members of each guild will immedietely see the opposite guild as PvP Enabled (Red Name) Players, and may attack them.

Any offensive action done between two opposing players will set a 5 minute flag on both players that prevents them from being affected by benificial buffs from anyone outside their guild.

Death
Upon dying to an opposing warring guild's member, you will be exempted from any guildwar participation (including assisting fellow guildmembers with the 5 minute flag). This exemption will be removed exactly 1 minute after a loot session on any of your own corpses concludes (When you "stand up" from the corpse), or 10 minutes, whichever comes last.

Guildremoval
/Guildremoving yourself will not prevent you from participating in a guildwar fight until you zone.

Guildinvites
You must wait 15 minutes after joining a guild in a guildwar before being able to participate.

Guildpeace
A guildwar must last a minimum of 24 hours before being ended. To end a guildwar, either guild's leader can target an opposing guild's member and type /guildpeace. The guildwar will then end 1 hour after the guildpeace command is executed.

Rewards/Incentives
I'm taking suggestions on what to do for incentives to participate in PvP. There will never be any coin or loot rewards. I've been thinking of a leaderboard/point/score system with rankings on the website, but I'm looking for more ideas. Obviously any system like this would require checks in place to prevent people from benefiting off killing friends/alts.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Kobold

Back in on Nameless, we (LoS) tried repeatedly to get other guilds to accept - one of the TW guilds came close after we had one of our TWs (accidentally) mistranslate the pop up box, but sadly ELJediCat didn't click Accept.

I'd like to have seen an actual guildwar, to be honest.

I think it's an awesome idea, in that it makes the PvP guys happy (they can form up ad hoc or standing guilds just for the purpose), and it keeps those not interested out of it.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PVPYes.jpg (39.9 KB, 389 views)
Old 09-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Kobold

question, if there is a guild war is it permanent till both do /guildpeace or is it only for a limited time?
I'm trying to create something that will be optionally fun for the server, something for level 50's to do when your not busy shitting in your socks.
Greeting Starfighter, you have been recruited by the Starleague to defend the frontier against Zurr and the Codan armada.

Baas rutten, Monk

Realena peacecraft, monk of cazic thule server.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:14 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyaku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
question, if there is a guild war is it permanent till both do /guildpeace or is it only for a limited time?
Permanent until "one" guild leader does /guildpeace, then it will end 1 hour later.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guildwar System.

First off, This is a proposal. I want to get opinions on the system. I won't spend the time implimenting this if theres not a decent amount of people that would like to use it. I also don't think that a 'vanilla' /guildwar command would really work out either, so this is why I've come up with these mechanics.

Initiation
A guild leader will target any member of another guild and type /guildwar. That guild's officers and leader will get a notice notifying them of the proposed guildwar. Once a /guildwar offer is made, it will stay until either accepted or declined by the second guild, or withdrawn by the first guild.

A guild officer may decline or withdraw a Guildwar offer by targetting any member of the other guild and typing /guildpeace.

Warring
Once a guildwar has been accepted, all members of each guild will immedietely see the opposite guild as PvP Enabled (Red Name) Players, and may attack them.

Any offensive action done between two opposing players will set a 30 minute flag on both players that prevents them from being affected by benificial buffs from anyone outside their guild.

Death
Upon dying to an opposing warring guild's member, you will be exempted from any guildwar participation (including assisting fellow guildmembers with the 30 minute flag). This exemption will be removed exactly 1 minute after a loot session on any of your own corpses concludes (When you "stand up" from the corpse), or 10 minutes, whichever comes last.

Guildremoval
/Guildremoving yourself will not prevent you from participating in a guildwar fight until you zone.

Guildinvites
You must wait 24 hours after joining a guild in a guildwar before being able to participate.

Guildpeace
A guildwar must last a minimum of 24 hours before being ended. To end a guildwar, either guild's leader can target an opposing guild's member and type /guildpeace. The guildwar will then end 1 hour after the guildpeace command is executed.

Rewards/Incentives
I'm taking suggestions on what to do for incentives to participate in PvP. There will never be any coin or loot rewards. I've been thinking of a leaderboard/point/score system with rankings on the website, but I'm looking for more ideas. Obviously any system like this would require checks in place to prevent people from benefiting off killing friends/alts.
Couple minor changes in red i think would be better.

For rewards... temporary titles for the guilds that "win" perhaps. Maybe a title that lasts for a week.

Great way to solve spawn disputes.

I dont like EQ pvp tho and wouldnt want my guild warring but I think this would be neat to implement. Although I'd vote no if it meant taking your focus off fixing the current issues with the game (like lag-trade-poof) for example. Or if it kept you from working on Kunark.

My vote would be I dont like pvp but i like this system...only if it doesnt take away from the progress of the server.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyaku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In Classic I believe it lasted for two weeks. The command was actually available on RZ as well because it broadened the restrictions to remove (or reduce. can't remember which) level barriers on targets.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Banned

Guildwar is great. These mechanics however, if they aren't being made classic, I find to be a little too easy for a real guild war. What's a guild war worth without being able to grief your enemy?

Quote:
Any offensive action done between two opposing players will set a 5 minute flag on both players that prevents them from being affected by benificial buffs from anyone outside their guild.
Sounds alright, but if a leader accepts a guild war, it should be a dead lock until there is a victor, time is up or an arrangement made to form a peace. Certainly does away with the out of range healer gripe I had on Rallos. Maybe it'd be better suited to temporarily flag someone PVP free for all until they go talk to the Priest of Order in Qeynos, if they assist in a guild war [outside said guilds], since they'd be committing an act of war. That way either guild could deal with the interference as they saw fit, and other players could act as their own police force by going to your local Priest of Discord and popping the guy/gal that caused an unbalance.

Quote:
Death
Upon dying to an opposing warring guild's member, you will be exempted from any guildwar participation (including assisting fellow guildmembers with the 5 minute flag). This exemption will be removed exactly 1 minute after a loot session on any of your own corpses concludes (When you "stand up" from the corpse), or 10 minutes, whichever comes last.
Too bluebie. PVP is PVP, hand holding shouldn't be happening since both sides are consenting.

Quote:
Guildremoval
Going to be hilarious with guerilla warfare groups from a guild removing themselves for sneak attacks.

Quote:
Guildinvites
You must wait 15 minutes after joining a guild in a guildwar before being able to participate.
Seems too bluebie again. It's war. You should be able to hire conscripts, who can immediately reinforce your ranks and hold a zone.

Quote:
Rewards/Incentives
The fact that you just shut down a bunch of your enemy isn't reward enough? We do have Rants and Flames that people can post screenshots and strut around about their latest e-penis victory, afterall. Leaderboards and ladders are kind of empty without actually fixing resists, melee damage, and mitigation more live-like to make the points they've earned at least be fair, and not some game bug advantage.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Kobold

another question, would it be possible to make it that, if a player is killed by a player they will drop a specific item. kinda like ears from diablo 2, only in the case of our server, i believe that "poopsock" should be the item and can be turned into a special quest NPC for random cosmetic items, mainly for people to wear in EC that weigh nothing
I'm trying to create something that will be optionally fun for the server, something for level 50's to do when your not busy shitting in your socks.
Greeting Starfighter, you have been recruited by the Starleague to defend the frontier against Zurr and the Codan armada.

Baas rutten, Monk

Realena peacecraft, monk of cazic thule server.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
another question, would it be possible to make it that, if a player is killed by a player they will drop a specific item. kinda like ears from diablo 2, only in the case of our server, i believe that "poopsock" should be the item and can be turned into a special quest NPC for random cosmetic items, mainly for people to wear in EC that weigh nothing
lol yea!!! maybe they could be exchanged for mounts!!! or armor dyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Closed Thread