Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 06:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Lightbulb Importance of Fungi for monk?

Been playing the shit out of a monk, and now he is my highest level character (currently at 21) /flex. I made a level 1 blacksmith and have made about a billion javelins (you have probably seen my EC auctions) and so far I have him at least respectably geared with the roughly 15k of javelin money I have earned. My question is, should "SAVING UP 45k" for a fungi be my #1 priority? Is it THAT important? Is it worth the carpal tunnel of making and selling 1,145 stacks of javelins?? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Never had a fungi on live or here, but I do see why everyone wants one. Should that be my immediate goal? Would my bandages miss me?
Old 05-29-2017, 06:27 PM
Fire Giant

I think it has something to do with how Monks are supposed to keep a very low weight and can't carry much in gear. A Fungi Tunic is light in weight, only 2.0 and can be worn inbetween combat so it's the perfect healing factor for Monks.

How long did it take you to save up 15K from making/selling javelins is what you should be asking yourself? If it took you only 2 weeks then keep going and you'll have a Tunic in no time. If it's taking you 2 months then it's going to be a grind...
Old 05-29-2017, 07:02 PM
Fire Giant

If you have the patience to farm money for a fungi, then by all means go for the fungi. It'll save you lots of frustration if you're trying to solo and in group settings your healer will definitely be thankful.
(make sure you have solid weapons, good weapons will save you more HP than a fungi, if your weapons are good though...fungi for sure.)

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:13 PM
Banned

fungi tunic is gamechanging for a monk
Old 05-29-2017, 11:23 PM
Sarnak

A fungi is a great item for a monk, however I would suggest spending the time levelling rather than saving for fungi.

As suggested above if you are making that type of play fairly quickly then go for it, if not go get some levels!
Evilbaa Thesheep
Scoutbaa Thesheep
Stoutbaa Thesheep
<Infernus>
Old 05-30-2017, 07:20 AM
Fire Giant

It's not that it's that great for a monk (which is it), it's that it's great for every alt you're ever going to make that can wear it (which is almost all of them)....

That being said, you don't NEED one....you will want one though. If you think you can manage to save up and not go crazy, go for it. If you think that will make you hate the game, you'll be ok without it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-30-2017, 09:40 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thank you all for the great feedback!
Old 05-30-2017, 03:08 PM
Banned

I didn't have a Fungi on my monk until level 60....then I immediately traded it off to use for alts so I still don't have one on my monk.

Not needed at all, but definitely is nice. Its much nicer at low levels though (twinking) and I would personally recommend getting nice Haste before Regen
Old 05-30-2017, 05:12 PM
Banned

if ur scrapin for MR so hard that you're dropping fungi for a whistling fist robe then ur really not exhausting ur resources to get MR gear

or u may be retarded

who knows
Old 05-30-2017, 06:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its usefulness at 60 is seriously diminished. Duhh. Especially for a raiding monk. Infact nearly every instance of tomfoolery at 60 on a monk, the fungi is a poor choice really compared to 10MR hitpoint whistlyrobe/shroud/PSC etc.
that's only if you're just dpsing. it's still useful if you're pulling and need to FD without a healer or if you're duoing/grouping.

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Closed Thread