Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 05:06 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really wish Green99 had released sooner, shortly after Velious opened on Blue, OR the opening of two-or-more Green99 servers!

I was extremely excited when Green99 was announced but after playing Classic WOW for the past few weeks and thinking a lot about it, Green99 seems far less appealing. I FULLY expect the exact same group/groups of people who've dominated Blue99 for nearly half a decade now to dominate Green99 as well. If you wanna make ANY end-game progress on your character, you'll have to join one singular guild or go without.

Keep in mind that these same individuals will continue to dominate Blue99 as well, since all they have to do is FTE a mob and login their pre-camped raid force.

It's a shame Green didn't launch sooner (around the opening of Velious on Blue, perhaps.) The neckbeards wouldn't have been able to dominate BOTH servers had that been the case.
Thanks. I was REALLY hoping that the people who dissed this place were full of shit and it wasn't THAT bad... I try to give people the benefit of doubt... but I'm convinced now that you are right, and anyone who doesn't want to zerg is fukt. Prolly fukt even if you do like to zerg if you can't get into the top guild. Who wants to put hundreds of hours into a game only to be limited to what you can accomplish due to a couple of jerks who hog all the action?

This place is a cesspool, the trolls even diss comedy when you post it here. Uninstalling as we speak. I'd rather play on Live for free than deal with douchebags.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:08 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just noticed your join date. You're new here. Understand that P1999 has ten years of history. The intentions and attitudes of the lead admins here are well-known, even if the admins themselves don't necessarily comment on everything.

Loramin wasn't insulting you; his post can and should be taken at face value. The people who created P1999 are "true believers" in the sense that they want to re-create the original game, both the good and the bad about it. My Magician comment wasn't solely a joke--it was a joke rooted in truth: A couple patches ago, the major bottleneck in the already-super-rare Mage epic questline was made even MORE rare due to evidence being provided that it was indeed classic that way.

Without de-railing the thread, if you browse Loramin's post history you'll find he's every bit as disgusted by the domination of big guilds on P99 as you are, if not more so.

Danth
Yeah, I heard that. 10 years of the same dickheads monopolizing content. I didn't believe it. Turns out it's true, and guys like you push it, likely because you're one of those jerks who hog it all. Enjoy your pixels, I don't have time for nonsense like this.

Good for Loramin. Too bad he does nothing about it.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Lol at this guy joining the forum a few days ago, demanding changes to Green to suit his preferences, acting as if a ten-year old project with tens of thousands of man hours invested should immediately bend to his entitled fancies. Then he makes a ton of unfounded assumptions about other posters and players, and finally has the nerve to call us dickheads and douchebags who inhabit a cesspool.

Basically what I'm saying is you're a great addition to the community. Welcome!
Old 09-26-2019, 05:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraznor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I heard that. 10 years of the same dickheads monopolizing content. I didn't believe it. Turns out it's true, and guys like you push it, likely because you're one of those jerks who hog it all. Enjoy your pixels, I don't have time for nonsense like this.

Good for Loramin. Too bad he does nothing about it.
What's most disheartening is the realization that the exact same players who've monopolized Blue99 will monopolize Green just the same. Oh well at least we have Classic WOW and (eventually) Pantheon!
Old 09-26-2019, 05:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraznor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I found revealing was the thread of the 2 top guilds, one offered to share NToV with small guilds if the other agreed... and the other didn't agree so the small guilds can't even kill Aary. I was told that the top 2 guilds hog all of the targets on p99. Guess it's true. Hardly a good community if that's true. Ah well, I guess I won't waste my time then as I hate zergs, they are akin to cheating as they lack the requirement of skill.
Green99 is going to be exactly the same way, regardless of what people say or think. And EQ's community has always been this way, I don't really understand why it used to get so much praise. Yes, it houses some of the nicest people I've ever met in my life, but it also houses plenty of the worst. If you look through some of the oldest EQ related threads you can find on the internet, you'll see plenty of the same rude arrogance you'll see here, Live, or anywhere else. IMO most of the people who touted EQ's community as some form of utopia never made it to raiding and were the kind of people who just leveled a bunch of characters to level 10-20 and kept being given a bunch of free gear.

With slow paced and often boring old games like Everquest, a lot of people have nothing better to do than post on forums (thus the term Forumquest) and you'll find that many of those people are best avoided - and sometimes the forums altogether. With that said, you don't really sound any different from the people you were complaining about...

Lastly, zerg guilds ran Blue99 and they will run Green99 also. Even though it might be neat to see some kind of cap put on guild member numbers, staff will probably never interfere, mostly because it wouldn't be classic. You can certainly still play the game in a pleasant guild like I did, with little to no batphoning and a much smaller roster, buuuut most of that roster won't see epics until after Velious. If Green99 is intending to follow the exact classic patch timeline dates this time unlike Blue99 (which was in Kunark for years), then at the very least we'll have a much smaller time period before the Velious epic changes come.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:43 PM
Kobold

< Cry Babies > is recruiting and we are interested in your services. Please dont uninstall
Old 09-26-2019, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Turns out it's true, and guys like you push it, likely because you're one of those jerks who hog it all. Enjoy your pixels, I don't have time for nonsense like this.
Wow, don't let things like knowing nothing about someone stop you from making up whatever you want in support of your wild ranting. Oh, and you're wrong again. I'm noticing you have quite the knack for making wrong assumptions. Better tell my guildies we're hogging pixels now. All ten of us who've been on lately.

Got any actual questions about green or are you going to continue trying to pick a fight with just about everyone who tries to interact with you?

Danth
Old 09-26-2019, 07:33 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't make a Magician.

Edit: It took me over 4 years real-time to complete my Shadow Knight epic on "blue" because of there being so much competition for some of the pieces. Epic quests are called epic for a reason, and good things are worth waiting for.

Danth
I agree with you. One of the things that makes me sad though is that so many players on Green will be dumped into Blue without really ever completing it in the Green timeline. It is unfortunate, but necessary
Old 09-27-2019, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

OP seems very stable.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:16 AM
Skeleton

OP sounds like shambot
Closed Thread