Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 02:05 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I'm having a blast exactly -- how I remembered it in the early days of new servers. Minus the crappy internet connection. When the nameless server opened up on the first day there were so many people in greaterfaydark that I couldn't get up the elevators because the lag was so bad!

Thank you for the experience.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
idk but I'm about to play this brand new game called Everquest that my son just brought home for me, its 2032 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that available on the atari?
Old 10-30-2019, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that available on the atari?
That thing is too old for this new game, I got a brand new Gateway PC for it!

*turns on regular PC with a gateway sticker on it put there by my loving son [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-30-2019, 02:11 PM
Kobold

Population in newbie areas is still so rough that leveling out of them is a challenge. I'll probably end up giving it some time to thin out, and hope to maintain motivation to play after that.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What was the question again?
I dunno. I forgot!
Old 10-30-2019, 02:35 PM
Aviak

Yes and no.

People are way to worried about xp penalties and grouping penalties etc etc. plus almost everyone knows how to game the system.

Back in 99 WW barely knew any of that stuff and was just glad to find a group with a spot open and had fun socializing while killing mobs.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:38 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes and no.

People are way to worried about xp penalties and grouping penalties etc etc. plus almost everyone knows how to game the system.

Back in 99 WW barely knew any of that stuff and was just glad to find a group with a spot open and had fun socializing while killing mobs.
I am playing a bard and haven’t had too much issue. One group outright ignored me when I asked if I could join. Other than that I have gotten groups in under 90 seconds.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This seems to be lost amongst some of the population. Personally, I stay away from the people that care about experience penalties or having a "perfect" group.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

I have come to a conclusion about green. Human night blindness kinda sucks LOL Esp when at dark of night even with a fire beetle eye I cant hardly see the road in Qeynos Hills. Only got to lvl 4 on my Human ranger. Think I might remake him as a woodelf again so I wont be totally blind. Darkness is cool but I need to see the road heh
Old 10-30-2019, 03:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am playing a bard and haven’t had too much issue. One group outright ignored me when I asked if I could join. Other than that I have gotten groups in under 90 seconds.
Was your choice to play a Bard you knew what you were getting into! I outright refused to invite ANY Hybrid to my groups when I was playing my Mage.

Also Green felt *INCREDIBLY* un-Classic in terms of finding groups.

Melees were sitting LFG for hours in zones with HUNDREDS of people only inviting casters.
Closed Thread