Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-10-2015, 02:08 AM
Kobold

Default Shrink not working in dungeons.

Every single zone classified as a dungeon should allow shrink to work.

Unrest
Mistmoore
Cazic Thule

to name a few. I have tried it and the spell fails in the places it is needed most.

I mean check Mistmoore any group with a large race would be required to stay outside. There are zero places inside the castle where a large race could stand up without shrink. You can't cast or attack ducking. Or you do honestly think the devs designed places to prevent Barbs,Trolls, and Ogres from going? Don't be silly. It makes zero sense.

Indoor/outdoor is a druid distinction for wolf form and lightning iirc, not a shaman shrink.

The ability to cast sow/wolf form requires the distinction, but shrink was designed for larger races to move around in tight spaces.

Please fix this for large races.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:51 AM
Kobold

I am aware of how it works in p1999 and I am telling you it is wrong. Anyone that played a shaman pre-kunark would know this.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:37 AM
Fire Giant

You can't make bug reports on what you think is true. Find a post that says my shaman shrunk everyone and we had a jolly romp through Castle Mistmoore, then make a bug report.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't make bug reports on what you think is true. Find a post that says my shaman shrunk everyone and we had a jolly romp through Castle Mistmoore, then make a bug report.
Well you can but they will not get the Devs to change anything until you provide posts.

I have quite a few posts where I remember how the mechanics worked but I can't find any quotes so they are in limbo until I can find evidence.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

EQShaman Crucible 2000

Quote:
Shrink

Reduces physical size. Cast in dungeons only. Note: On large races, this can be cast twice for greater effect.
Unfortunately it fails to elaborate on what "Dungeon" means.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

EQCaster's Realm 2000

Quote:
BLACKBURROW, By Warudin (1/28/2001)

This spell does work in blackburrow. I saw a barb shaman shrink himself yesterday, Oct 27, 2000. He also charmed the grizzly that goes through the zone and srank it. It was funny seeing him run around slaughtering stuff.
P.S. I am pretty positive that he was not useing a shrink potion
Quote:
CRUSHBONE WORKED 4 ME, By Hotfox (1/28/2001)

I shrank all kinds of people in Crushbone. I had a blast with an Ogre friend of mine. It also worked in Blackburrow. I'm just trying to see where else it has worked. It won't work for me in Highkeep.
Quote:
It's strange that this spell works (I have not tested this myself) in Clan Crush Bone or The Lost Temple of Cazic-Thule. If these have a dungeon flag, and won't allow binds but do allow shrinks, it's strange that Spirit of Wolf can be cast here (SoW works in the aforementioned zones). I may, however, see the logic. The sky is visible in both of these zones, correct? I'm pretty sure it is. It seems you can summon the Spirit of the Wolf in any zone where a sky is visible, regardless of the bind / shrink flag. As a side note, Shrink potions (Ant's Potion, trivial at 70 skill and requiring level 38 to trivialize, costing about 10pp to make) work outdoors, unlike this spell.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure Shrink should work on any zone classified as a dungeon, even if it's also classified as outdoors. Dungeon doesn't mean indoors.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 03-13-2015, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure Shrink should work on any zone classified as a dungeon, even if it's also classified as outdoors. Dungeon doesn't mean indoors.
You being pretty sure is irrelevant.

I do have 3 quotes saying it was doable in some outdoor dungeons (Blackburrow, Crushbone and CazicThule).

It's up to the devs if they want to take that + the quote about being dungeon usable, to make the change to make it work in all outdoor flagged dungeons (KC, Mistmoore, Unrest, Cazic-Thule, Blackburrow, Crushbone... Think that's it?)
Old 03-13-2015, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Several of those posts have screenshots from classic Live of shrunken players in Outdoor Dungeons (Karnors, High Keep, Crushbone, etc), seems like enough evidence to me.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid