Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 10-07-2022, 11:11 AM
Banned

imagine not playing a volunteer emu project on a VM or burner laptop
(lol)
Old 10-07-2022, 11:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmethar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People voluntarily playing any game whatsoever with this kind of spyware attached to it clearly isn't the smartest bunch, as we can also see right here ;-)
They can spy on me if they want, all I do is listen to music on YouTube and play eq/ guildwars 2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-07-2022, 11:24 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmethar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"The others are also doing it, and they're even worse than us, see....!"

Nah, Rogean, that doesn't quite (there you go, Spithridates) cut it.

What you are doing ís bad. That's the entire point here. And you especially know that you've hit the nail perfectly on the head when the trolls all surface immediately after ;-)

Your "we are not collecting your processes/windows" is a statement that you can't possibly prove, so it doesn't really get us anywhere. And the potential constant monitoring of thousands of players processes/windows are "bad" enough here, Rogean, you don't even have to be collecting anything, you obviously know that already.

So why not just start owing up to some of this by putting a huge sign alongside your "patch files" on your front page, stating that you're monitoring peoples windows in order to uphold your "rules". That would be the honest thing to do and at least a start, but you don't really have any intentions of actually informing 99.9 % of your players, do you now, Rogean ;-)

And "obfuscation technologies", haha, good one ;-)
I have a lot of tolerance for the various things people have accused me of over the years, but straight up calling me a liar without proof (haha you actually asked me to prove your accusations wrong ? That's not how things work) is one thing I have very little patience for. That's where the conversation ends.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-07-2022, 11:38 AM
Fire Giant

Thank you for the awesome free server to play on! Do what you gotta do to not let boxers and macroquesters ruin it ty!
Old 10-07-2022, 11:43 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a lot of tolerance for the various things people have accused me of over the years, but straight up calling me a liar without proof (haha you actually asked me to prove your accusations wrong ? That's not how things work) is one thing I have very little patience for. That's where the conversation ends.
Where exactly did I call you a liar, Rogean. That's right, that did not happen. This is the exact sentence:
"Your "we are not collecting your processes/windows" is a statement that you can't possibly prove, so it doesn't really get us anywhere."

But yea, you clearly have very little "tolerance", and have to resort to censorship. I didn't think it would take you this long actually ;-)
Old 10-07-2022, 12:16 PM
Banned

mad
Old 10-07-2022, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

OP: Dont trust the dll!
P99:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-07-2022, 01:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
People voluntarily playing any game whatsoever with this kind of spyware attached to it clearly isn't the smartest bunch, as we can also see right here ;-)
Smart would be not using the same computer to box, so you’d have less a chance to get caught. Be less mad sad bad and get better at subverting the simple rules you’re asked to abide by when playing on this server.

I hope you find peace in that you’re bad at this game.

<Gravity>
Old 10-07-2022, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about calling your employer and claiming you're a racist bigoted anti-semite?

God that was a great guest appearance on Galach's stream.
Old 10-07-2022, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Where exactly did I call you a liar, Rogean.
Quote:
"we are not collecting your processes/windows" is a statement that you can't possibly prove