Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Sarnak

Default Fun EQ Emu Server. Come play!

I ran across this post a week or so ago about a new EQ Emu server. I love checking out new servers, and this one has been the best I've found in a long time. I figured you guys may like it as it's a classic progression server. Name is Kildrukaun's Prophecy

http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.p...ression-server

All the details are there. Server is quite active. Several active guilds(both US & Euro based). You can box, 3 is max though. All epic quests are in game, same quest as live. Exp is only slightly increased, so you wont get to 50 in a day or two. Come check it out!
Old 12-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Interesting thread on there...one reply reads:-

Quote:
/looks in mirror
/say [Kegz]
/say [Kegz]
/say [Kegz]
...anyone tried it? Screenies? Stories? Lets hear some [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Sarnak

After reading about Kegz, I'm 100% certain he has nothing to do with this server. I believe the devs used to have a server named Nagafens Lair? Was up the same time epicemu was ran into the ground.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

Looks like fun. Ill check it out.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Admins probably aren't going to like advertisements of another emu on their forums..!
Old 12-11-2013, 11:42 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Admins probably aren't going to like advertisements of another emu on their forums..!
I don't care. Why would we turn this into hostile competition? We all provide alternate live experiences on the same code base (eqemulator). Would also be hypocritical of me since I hate the servers that take work such as eqemulator code, packet collect our spawns, etc and then set up their own isolated world where they pretend they have nothing to do with anyone and don't credit it. We make it no secret where we started, I run both sites and we provide free hosting for PEQ.

Long as it's in off topic and the server is in good relation with us (aka not trying to ddos us Lololz).

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Last edited by Rogean; 12-11-2013 at 11:45 AM..
Old 12-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't care. Why would we turn this into hostile competition? We all provide alternate live experiences on the same code base (eqemulator). Would also be hypocritical of me since I hate the servers that take work such as eqemulator code, packet collect our spawns, etc and then set up their own isolated world where they pretend they have nothing to do with anyone and don't credit it. We make it no secret where we started, I run both sites and we provide free hosting for PEQ.

Long as it's in off topic and the server is in good relation with us (aka not trying to ddos us Lololz).
If I donate will my complaints be taken more seriously?
Old 12-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oh!

I thought I had seen posts deleted before because of this kinda thang, but that was back in the days of Uth.

Carry on, fellas.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
(population) Looks to be 30-50 atm. However you can 3 box so 1/3-2/3 of that is probably boxes.
That's either a massive blessing for some frustrated P99ers, or like me that screams...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

P1999 is the best place you can go to for a true classic Everquest experience. With all the work that was put in, there will always be a high population. The server I mentioned is just a fun, change of pace server for players who don't have the time or patience for P1999 and still want to experience classic elements such as raiding and doing their epic quest. Besides, you can still play both if you want to [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

edit- Also there was over 80 on last night, while yes the max is 3 boxes I was personally grouped with a person that was only 2 boxing. While another group had 2 people that weren't boxing at all. So it's definitely not mandatory to have to box to get anywhere on there.
Closed Thread