Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 01:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've noticed that Pact of shadow only causes 1/2 the hp loss to necro as amount healed to target (45 lost 81 healed) while the higher level shadowbond is 1hp lost per 1hp healed.
Pact of Shadow is in no way superior to Shadowbond. Shadowbond hits you for 80 and heals for 125 for 4 ticks, so the Wiki must be bugged. You can pump out actual healing with Shadowbond that just isn’t possible with Pact of Shadow. So if you cast Bond of Death, you can get off 2 rounds of Shadowbond for no life taken away essentially. Can’t wait for Vexxing since that heals for a crazy amount and does good damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know you can and should dispel the recourse, but I annoyingly sometimes dispel the wrong buff (2nd will drop instead of top).
I used to dispel recourse but its buggy and a pain in the ass. Half the time you end up dispelling other buffs – much simpler to just cast your Bond series of spells and keep the heals rolling…With Lich you can pretty much stay full mana if you are concentrated on healing and life taping – add in pet DPS and your brining a lot to the table in terms of damage and damage mitigation.

Quote:
And on that note ... I'm now mad at all the bad necros I level'd my other toons alongside. Necro healing power is legit strong.
Necros who don’t heal are bad Necros in my opinion. We offer so much through twitch and heals I can’t imagine not using them.

Quote:
Why is it so few necros I've grouped with utilize this? Bad players? Lazy? Uninformed?
Yes/yes/yes

Quote:
It seems necros in classic have healing capability that passes even clerics outside of complete heal scenarios (which are very few and far between until the upper 50s).
Necromancers are 100% the best healers for groups where there isn’t burst damage. Most of the time I concentrate on healing the group and let the main healer focus on the tank (healing the monks/rogs/ect). With slows, being the only healer is easy - without slow it can get a bit busy. I’ll start healing the tank also if the monk and other DPS are not taking much damage, but you are spot on about Necromancer healing capabilities in XP groups – we are the best and add considerable damage to boot.

Quote:
If necros are so awesome, why did I see so few awesome necros?
I see a lot of necromancers – Although I think its not more popular because people who start one think they are making an undead Magician and then have to come to grips that the necro toolset is a bit different than what they expected. Its not 100% DPS – our dots just are not efficient in group settings – however Necromancer is the strongest solo machine there is sans the Epic Shaman.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:01 PM
Kobold

A rogue who doesn't mind pulling and fearkiting is the best exp partner a necro can get. Maybe the fastest, most low maintenance duo in the game. Charming duos can be faster but it takes a lot more work to keep everything going.