Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 06:22 AM
Planar Protector

Tolerant would be libertarians since their whole shtick is not giving a shit about what other people do and not losing personal freedoms before all else.. Which isnt a perfect concept as it sounds.. But nobody's politics are perfect when it comes to a party
Old 05-06-2019, 06:23 AM
Banned

Let's see...the Left does not tolerate:

Rich people

White people

Asian people

Men of all races

Minorities who don't fall in line

Women who don't fall in line

The poor

Comedians

People who think for themselves

Individualists

Uneducated

Religious people (excluding Muslims for some reason)

Jews (hide it behind Israeli criticism)

Actual science

History

Historical statues

Racial desegregation

Judging someone on character, opposed to their skin color

Freedom of speech

Freedom of expression

Gun rights

Due process

Reality
Old 05-06-2019, 09:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's see...the Left does not tolerate:

Rich people

White people

Asian people

Men of all races

Minorities who don't fall in line

Women who don't fall in line

The poor

Comedians

People who think for themselves

Individualists

Uneducated

Religious people (excluding Muslims for some reason)

Jews (hide it behind Israeli criticism)

Actual science

History

Historical statues

Racial desegregation

Judging someone on character, opposed to their skin color

Freedom of speech

Freedom of expression

Gun rights

Due process

Reality
you forgot gamer rights
Old 05-06-2019, 09:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you forgot gamer rights
GAMERZ RISE UP™
Old 05-06-2019, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Thinking of how the libertarian party is the most tolerant (but also still lame) made me think of the libertarian police department story:

I was shooting heroin and reading “The Fountainhead” in the front seat of my privately owned police cruiser when a call came in. I put a quarter in the radio to activate it. It was the chief.

“Bad news, detective. We got a situation.”

“What? Is the mayor trying to ban trans fats again?”

“Worse. Somebody just stole four hundred and forty-seven million dollars’ worth of bitcoins.”

The heroin needle practically fell out of my arm. “What kind of monster would do something like that? Bitcoins are the ultimate currency: virtual, anonymous, stateless. They represent true economic freedom, not subject to arbitrary manipulation by any government. Do we have any leads?”

“Not yet. But mark my words: we’re going to figure out who did this and we’re going to take them down … provided someone pays us a fair market rate to do so.”

“Easy, chief,” I said. “Any rate the market offers is, by definition, fair.”

He laughed. “That’s why you’re the best I got, Lisowski. Now you get out there and find those bitcoins.”

“Don’t worry,” I said. “I’m on it.”

I put a quarter in the siren. Ten minutes later, I was on the scene. It was a normal office building, strangled on all sides by public sidewalks. I hopped over them and went inside.

“Home Depot™ Presents the Police!®” I said, flashing my badge and my gun and a small picture of Ron Paul. “Nobody move unless you want to!” They didn’t.

“Now, which one of you punks is going to pay me to investigate this crime?” No one spoke up.

“Come on,” I said. “Don’t you all understand that the protection of private property is the foundation of all personal liberty?”

It didn’t seem like they did.

“Seriously, guys. Without a strong economic motivator, I’m just going to stand here and not solve this case. Cash is fine, but I prefer being paid in gold bullion or autographed Penn Jillette posters.”

Nothing. These people were stonewalling me. It almost seemed like they didn’t care that a fortune in computer money invented to buy drugs was missing.

I figured I could wait them out. I lit several cigarettes indoors. A pregnant lady coughed, and I told her that secondhand smoke is a myth. Just then, a man in glasses made a break for it.

“Subway™ Eat Fresh and Freeze, Scumbag!®” I yelled.

Too late. He was already out the front door. I went after him.

“Stop right there!” I yelled as I ran. He was faster than me because I always try to avoid stepping on public sidewalks. Our country needs a private-sidewalk voucher system, but, thanks to the incestuous interplay between our corrupt federal government and the public-sidewalk lobby, it will never happen.

I was losing him. “Listen, I’ll pay you to stop!” I yelled. “What would you consider an appropriate price point for stopping? I’ll offer you a thirteenth of an ounce of gold and a gently worn ‘Bob Barr ‘08’ extra-large long-sleeved men’s T-shirt!”

He turned. In his hand was a revolver that the Constitution said he had every right to own. He fired at me and missed. I pulled my own gun, put a quarter in it, and fired back. The bullet lodged in a U.S.P.S. mailbox less than a foot from his head. I shot the mailbox again, on purpose.

“All right, all right!” the man yelled, throwing down his weapon. “I give up, cop! I confess: I took the bitcoins.”

“Why’d you do it?” I asked, as I slapped a pair of Oikos™ Greek Yogurt Presents Handcuffs® on the guy.

“Because I was afraid.”

“Afraid?”

“Afraid of an economic future free from the pernicious meddling of central bankers,” he said. “I’m a central banker.”

I wanted to coldcock the guy. Years ago, a central banker killed my partner. Instead, I shook my head.

“Let this be a message to all your central-banker friends out on the street,” I said. “No matter how many bitcoins you steal, you’ll never take away the dream of an open society based on the principles of personal and economic freedom.”

He nodded, because he knew I was right. Then he swiped his credit card to pay me for arresting him.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Both parties are being taken over by their fringe ideologues, to the detriment of not only this nation, but the entire world. We must again be practical, pragmatic, and temperate. That’s how dad did it. That’s how America does it
Old 05-06-2019, 10:38 AM
Fire Giant

I don't think either side is tolerant anymore. Opinions are such an echo chamber these days that people are incredulous when they meet someone whose opinion differs from their own. Now toss in present day divisive politics and people are ready to kill each other over a disagreement. That's not tolerant at all.

If we're using tolerant in the context of differing opinion, I'd say neither side. If we're using tolerant in the context of racial equality and sexual acceptance and things like that, I think the left will try to claim the moral high ground there.
Last edited by d3r14k; 05-06-2019 at 10:43 AM..
Old 05-06-2019, 10:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think either side is tolerant anymore. Opinions are such an echo chamber these days that people are incredulous when they meet someone whose opinion differs from their own. Now toss in present day divisive politics and people are ready to kill each other over a disagreement. That's not tolerant at all.

If we're using tolerant in the context of differing opinion, I'd say neither side. If we're using tolerant in the context of racial equality and sexual acceptance and things like that, I think the left will try to claim the moral high ground there.
I totally and 100% agree with this comment.

But I would just like to add one minor thing:

The Left eats children and wants you all dead.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
>implying Centrists lack conviction
Closed Thread