Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2019, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Completely Meaningless"
I think going from a 9 damage axe to a 3 damage dagger COULD have some meaning. It might not mean a lot to you but hey, I'm interested in the meta-game. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here's my counter-argument to your shield claim. Animations use bash, which afaik, does require a shield, yes?
The damage on a weapon you give to a summoned (or charmed) pet is irrelevant unless the damage is more than half of the max hit that thing would do normally. So like, if you give a pet summoned with a level 1 spell, that hits for 8 max normally, a 10-damage weapon, he will now hit for like 20-21 max. But his damage as a fresh summon is determined by his level/spell level, not his visible weapon or whatever. And if you gave him a 1-damage weapon, it wouldn't lower his max hits, either.

Your counter-argument doesn't hold water, because pets don't work by the same rules as PCs. A PC also won't be dual wielding if you give him a book or lantern for his offhand, but a pet does. Besides, some PCs can bash without a shield. Etc. It doesn't follow that because most (but not all) PCs need a shield to bash, then something that is not a PC needs a shield to bash.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 04-19-2019 at 10:54 AM..