Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 12:04 AM
Fire Giant

Thank you devs, job well done.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:57 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1203jjt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly...well put. Total fail on the dev's part.
Agreed
Old 09-09-2019, 01:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When should we expect these things to be addressed? Oh, right, they won't be, because the devs just cherry pick the things they want to be "classic" at this point and don't really give a fuck about accuracy. Thanks for all of your hard work!
The amount of entitlement and belligerance in your post is remniscent of players back in classic. Thanks for contributing to the nostalgia. Perhaps consider organizing a protest sit-in at the Freeport gates.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:25 AM
Sarnak

the responses to this patch, is so classic.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:38 AM
Orc

i just used the pet window to keep track of my pets health and not having extra bar sucks for having to have the /pet commands. (i am not a spell clicker) but i will live.

But Thanks for updating the server i will enjoy it
Last edited by Maelonic; 09-09-2019 at 01:41 AM..
Old 09-09-2019, 01:52 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A bunch of bullshit
You're a perfect example of why non-classic changes are necessary.

You come here to a classic server with the expectation of all past exploitable things being abusable, otherwise it's not legitimized in your mind. You fail to realize that it's not classic to begin with if these things people barely knew about started getting widespread usage, they no longer become classic. Many of these things were changed back then immediately upon developer realizations, for good reason.

To repeat something I said in Discord and to address one item in your list, NToV dragons were never solo pulled to the zone in in Classic with the consistency and precision that we started to see here. People raided NToV like a normal raid zone. A change was needed to return that to be the case. These mobs were rooted in Luclin because it was always intended by the developers that they be fought in or near their lairs.

We will continue to make changes as we feel necessary to restore a classic atmosphere and difficulty, including non-classic changes to meet those goals. To not do so otherwise would result in a server far detrimental to the health of the community as a whole.

I will not be commenting on this again.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-09-2019, 02:12 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks a lot for all that rogean, I am happy with all your hard work... I submitted the dsetup. Dll to bitdefender... Hopefully if enough ppl do that they might whitelist it quick... My AV has no option to whitelist and running the pc without av is not great, but that's the last grip and it's not your fault..
Old 09-09-2019, 02:26 AM
Orc

I think people are pretty mad about not having pet windows and extra hot bars are due to having them before then the last patch they take them out
Old 09-09-2019, 03:43 AM
Sarnak

Default UI Change UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelonic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think people are pretty mad about not having pet windows and extra hot bars are due to having them before then the last patch they take them out
Of course, people are going to be mad when something is stripped away without any warning. I'm not saying the game is now impossible to play but the patch changes sure helped mess up my game play because I made mistake of trying to bind keys to reopen hot bars that were no longer there. Since I couldn't remember how to unbind them I tried a restore to default for key binds and that screwed the pooch royally to the point it was practically unplayable since I couldn't use WASD to move any more and finally had to log off and pull up a recent backup and redo patching.

Rogean: [Dec2001] Velious UI will be enforced prior to this Era.
Rogean: [Dec2000] Hotbuttons 7-10 will be disabled and hidden prior to this Era.
Rogean: Velious UI is now the default for character select and characters without an INI file.
Rogean: Universally disabled numerous non-classic UI Windows.

In looking over those line it doesn't exactly give good enough description of what changed. The part about Velious UI enforcement eh no big deal because well UI / Character files already created appeared basically the same as last log in. I even swapped though a whole host of UI types to see how they were possibly effected and it seemed minimal, key thing was the lack of the prior # of hotbars.

Without warning now have to go back an customize UI / Hotbar information to fit new system and for 1 character no real worries.. but when you have to do 10, 20, or worse yeah think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're a perfect example of why non-classic changes are necessary.

You come here to a classic server with the expectation of all past exploitable things being abusable, otherwise it's not legitimized in your mind. You fail to realize that it's not classic to begin with if these things people barely knew about started getting widespread usage, they no longer become classic. Many of these things were changed back then immediately upon developer realizations, for good reason.

To repeat something I said in Discord and to address one item in your list, NToV dragons were never solo pulled to the zone in in Classic with the consistency and precision that we started to see here. People raided NToV like a normal raid zone. A change was needed to return that to be the case. These mobs were rooted in Luclin because it was always intended by the developers that they be fought in or near their lairs.

We will continue to make changes as we feel necessary to restore a classic atmosphere and difficulty, including non-classic changes to meet those goals. To not do so otherwise would result in a server far detrimental to the health of the community as a whole.

I will not be commenting on this again.
@Rogean
I'm okay on the idea of classic intention and the community as a whole, but this bomb shell of UI change up without any warning to allow us to move hotkeys off hotbars that were going to be removed I consider a cluster. While waiting for servers to come back up I noticed a server named: Rogeans Test Server -- might have wanted to have folks check out changes and provide a bit of feedback before dropping such a UI bombshell on what we have all become accustom as the normal. I understand this is what is begin set forth in preparation to GREEN but feel this wasn't the right time / place to go forth with it.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:20 AM
Orc

Hotkeys are still in the socials tab.
Closed Thread