Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Hi dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 09-25-2019, 01:47 AM
Sarnak

I bought a 60 enchanter for plat way back when. I think I paid 80k. I didn't know the race or name before handing over the plat.

Turned out it was a high elf (which is imo the ugliest race in the game) and his name was Aquafresh. I hated the name so much I filed a stupid petition (sorry GMs) trying to get it changed. They rejected me and I immediately resold it at a loss. I don't think I've ever seen that character online since I sold it.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:34 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes absolutely. The biggest workaround was people selling thier "time" that they invested into the account and would allow the purchaser access to what their "time" had created.

Just as P99 tries to crush RMT, so did Sony. And just as it was 20 years ago, 0 fucks are given by many on what their policies are. The true idiots are the buyers. Paying multiple thousands of dollars for accounts just blows my mind, especially since its not a secret that it will most likely get flagged and banned. I guess its an idiot tax to the overly immersed.

Move to resolved and/or classic
Another thing to keep in mind is that Sony made money off the game, so they had their source of revenue and RMT was only a matter of people profiting off their intellectual property.

To have people here that spend or make thousands of dollars, when the people providing the experience get ZERO, while investing tons of hours of free time, is an insult to us.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-25-2019, 08:23 AM
Banned

Reading YantiS email blastS was da closest I ever got to Runed Mithril Tunics
Old 10-02-2019, 08:53 AM
Banned

selling toons for plat was fun for people like me that enjoy leveling and travelling more than raiding because i could endlessly reroll

bad for server health I would assume though
Old 10-02-2019, 09:14 AM
Sarnak

You only lose when you sell.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 10-02-2019, 09:21 AM
Banned

me meMBa sweEt BONE sCamMerY
Old 10-02-2019, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
selling toons for plat was fun for people like me that enjoy leveling and travelling more than raiding because i could endlessly reroll

bad for server health I would assume though
I don't know if it was bad for the server health as much as they provided a more undetectable avenue for rmt
Old 10-02-2019, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

I sold my original account back on sony's servers. I got about 2 grand. Needed the cash for college. Certainly makes it easier to step away from the evercrack pipe.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:32 AM
Kobold

I sold my original Everquest account in 2004 when I swore up and down I was done with this game, so I could walk out of my man cave and see the world again. It was a bad decision and I always regret it. He had all the toys and I still log in my two other accounts on Live from time to time and it would of been nice to play him as well. I sold my original wow account with a pvp title and I could care less. I did take my original wow account back with cd keys and they had transferred that toon to another account. Oh well. That game sucks.
Closed Thread