Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 08:49 AM
Orc

Default Easy lv35 mob to raise defense skill on?

I just started a little over a week ago as a bard and discovered the swarm kiting trick. I went ahead and kited my way to 51 as a naked bard for fun. I died alot. Anyway my defense skill barely raised during my adventures, now I'm 51 and getting hit for max damage every time and can't solo indoor to save my life. Anybody know of any tips or tricks to raising my defense skill?

I discovered guard imillin, a lone freeport guard in WFP next to EFP zoneline and a lv35, is a pretty safe way to raise it so far but he hits hard and often. Wondering if anyone else might have a better alternative for me?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by richirvin90; 05-03-2016 at 08:52 AM..
Old 05-03-2016, 08:56 AM
Fire Giant

bard mobs themselves are pansies..you may want to try the bards in HHK...i think they are lvl 40
Old 05-03-2016, 09:01 AM
Orc

Thanks very much for the reply, I'm heading there now to try.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:10 AM
Orc

That 5 level difference makes her not so much of a pansy haha. Guess ill haveto look for a mob somewhere that's a lv35 bard
Old 05-03-2016, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by richirvin90 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
now I'm 51 and getting hit for max damage every time and can't solo indoor to save my life.
Good! So as it should be for what little justice this server provides.
*closes eyes and warmly recollects the many fallen swarm kite bards observed collapsing to their deaths* [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...and the horror of their giant swarms let loose :/
Old 05-03-2016, 09:24 AM
Aviak

I was using Guard Swang, ogre guard in neriak foreign quarter. He's level 35.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:35 AM
Banned

Go to Mistmoore Castle Entrance and pull aggro with slows to get hit IMO. Good place to level from 35-40 anyways
Old 05-03-2016, 09:37 AM
Orc

The mob itself has to be a minimum level of 35 to get skillups (i think). Anything lower and it's just for nothing, I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and let guard imillin beat me for the next week at this rate haha. But the pulling aggro with slows is a very good idea as well!
Old 05-03-2016, 10:15 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

It's always better to skill-up as you level-up. Raising weapons and offense / defense from zero sucks royally when you have to grind it later. I even try to group up from time to time and punch while I have an instrument equipped just to get my Hand-to-Hand raised. The one thing I haven't bothered with at all, though, is thrown weapons, which I probably won't regret, as the songs seem to serve more or less the same purpose.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calthaer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's always better to skill-up as you level-up. Raising weapons and offense / defense from zero sucks royally when you have to grind it later. I even try to group up from time to time and punch while I have an instrument equipped just to get my Hand-to-Hand raised. The one thing I haven't bothered with at all, though, is thrown weapons, which I probably won't regret, as the songs seem to serve more or less the same purpose.
you may gert a faster/ farther range for pulling with throwing
Closed Thread