Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 03:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Duxa looks like a FPS from 2007, not a fantasy RPG.

Taste is subjective. Some people think Nickelback is great music, some people think Burger King makes the best cheeseburgers and some people like DuxaUI.
The Velious UI looks about as fantasy RPG as Duxa does. If you like it because of nostalgia, or just because you like it, then cool. But the point I feel like you were trying to make is a bit of a weird one.

Also, Wendy's makes the best cheeseburgers. Fight me.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Velious UI looks about as fantasy RPG as Duxa does. If you like it because of nostalgia, or just because you like it, then cool. But the point I feel like you were trying to make is a bit of a weird one.

Also, Wendy's makes the best cheeseburgers. Fight me.
The OG velious UI wasn't much better than Duxa. But the new Green99 UI is head and shoulders better than either UI. There isn't even a comparison.

Also Jack in the Box demolishes Wendy's. I'll fight you in the streets, dude.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-16-2019, 03:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jack in the Box demolishes Wendy's. I'll fight you in the streets, dude.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-16-2019, 03:53 PM
Fire Giant

That new Wendys Bacon Jalapeno Cheeseburger is fucking life.

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 10-16-2019, 04:15 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please someone tell me that we will have more options for UI on green....this velious UI is killing me :|

Every time the loot window (or trade window / merchant window) opens....it pushes itself to the far left of the screen.

All the see through windows and cold black UI is so...bleh.

After so many years, finally having green come....and then playing it with this UI is going to sap away a lot of desire to play....
Definitely not happening for myself. I tested it on Blue and Green and it is not happening on either. There is also other people in the thread stating it is not the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This UI isn't classic!!!!! It's anti-classic.

Give me some meaty classic UIs! Black transparent windows weren't added till WAYYYYY later (late velious? Luclin? Pop?).

Even the class inventory window with the class icons is gone now..... :*******(

I know we can't have REAL classic UI....but at least the one they had been running with the last many years was pretty good.

I feel like at this point we need a PSA explaining:
- Classic Stone UI
- F10 Fullscreen UI
- Velious UI

Explain why the Velious UI is the best blend of the "classic" type UIs, and why the Stone UI is just not possible from a realistic perspective. It would case WAY TOO MUCH effort on the end user to make it work correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stars2heaven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The transparent UI gives me a headache. But the ui that is loaded when you /load default isn't that bad at all. It's functionally the same but not transparent. I have no problem with it at all.
As stated all over the place:
Window > Background > Texture
Window > Background > Tint Color > Pick your favorite color > Accept

Now you have solid backgrounds and can stop complaining about transparent windows.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also I remember people moaning when Luclin models were no longer useable.
I saw a post on Reddit with a Luclin work-around from awhile back that apparently works (if you like the Luclin models, which I don't). Wouldn't be surprised if someone comes up with a UI work-around.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like at this point we need a PSA explaining:
- Classic Stone UI
- F10 Fullscreen UI
- Velious UI
Seriously! I tried to get the ball rolling on that. For now feel free to send anyone who claims "this isn't classic" to: http://wiki.project1999.com/Green_UI.

Also anyone can feel free to improve that page however they want ... it's a wiki! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I saw a post on Reddit with a Luclin work-around from awhile back that apparently works (if you like the Luclin models, which I don't). Wouldn't be surprised if someone comes up with a UI work-around.
Apparently someone clued Rogean in to that work around and it’ll be closed today.

Good thing, too. Luclin models suck so bad that I take it as a personal offense every time I see them.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-16-2019, 06:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only to have Rogean eventually notice and effortlessly nuke it into oblivion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yikes. Bye bye Luclin Models. Don't even need to patch.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Work arounds can be found by people smart enough to do them. When they become public they will be closed.

There were data points that I really valued in the more sophisticated UI's. Granular EXP percentage being really significant at high levels to know what kills were worthwhile. This helped after the more detailed / con system was changed back to classic to find out what mobs are reallly blue.

Gotta roll with the classic roll backs.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread