Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 05:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My parents looked at it as.. Well I guess it's better for him to be addicted to games than to be addicted to drugs...
Were they right, though. I frankly don't see the difference some days.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tell us about the bug!
It was so simple, from launch til SoL (I think), account stuff was handled within the client. Account creation, payment and password changes were all in there. All you had to do was change your password (on your unpaid account) and there would be some window in which you could log in without paying. Once logged in to (or past) server select there were no checks for subscription, so it would never boot you off.

So classic =D

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My parents looked at it as.. Well I guess it's better for him to be addicted to games than to be addicted to drugs...
This. And then by late high school they were like “Look, it’s fine, go do some drugs with friends! Give this a break!”
Old 10-23-2019, 08:33 PM
Sarnak

Haha. I was in my twenties during the original EQ days so I had my own apartment. But man I remember that slow dialup modem making that terrrible sound every time I had to log into EQ. I also remember many a black screen with the words:

YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED

Then I got the bug so bad I bought a second computer with monitor, went to cable internet and paid for a second account so I could 2-box. All I actually wanted was to be able to have a Druid on one account and a cleric on the other. That way my Cleric always had a port and sow and my Druid always had a rez.

It was AWESOME!
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 10-23-2019, 09:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But man I remember that slow dialup modem making that terrrible sound every time I had to log into EQ.
Dial up sound was exciting. Like harddrive spin it meant your computer was doing something.. something was about to happen.
Last edited by Mblake81; 10-23-2019 at 09:23 PM..
Old 10-23-2019, 09:23 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
100% the same for me.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100% the same for me.
I'm sure it's missing the "but two years later" for you both.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:24 AM
Sarnak

I remember almost getting 30th trimester aborted by my parents because the something went wrong with the Dialup, and somehow I ended up connecting it via long distance and gave them a pretty hefty bill for a couple months.

Once I explained I had to get on Everquest, they still were enraged!
Old 10-24-2019, 01:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dial up sound was exciting. Like harddrive spin it meant your computer was doing something.. something was about to happen.
Did anyone else's dial-up modem make a "click" sound when it disconnected? I remember hearing that mid-kite like, "No, no, no, no , no! NOT NOW!"
Old 10-24-2019, 02:12 AM
Sarnak

I'm reasonable certain I've shared this before. Here's me playing back then. Compaq Presario, Billabong t-Shirt, dial-up internet, and that sweet wallpaper.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]