Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2017, 03:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh Nagoya you made me change my mind now back to shadowknight cos you're right a lot monks means a lot of their stuff is expensive. Guess I'll have to avoid Gash and live it out.

ack just read what Twochain said now back to indecision ,I'll level both to 10 and then decide.
You really shouldn't base your decision on cost of gear between a monk and shadow knight because they are about even. In either case you will want haste and a weapon as the main things you are saving for.

For 2h options you can get a Deathbringers Rod (30/40 SK only) for 200pp. You can get a Wu Quivering Staff (23/28 mnk only) for 100pp

You can get a Mace of Shadowed Soul (19/29) for the SK for about 750pp if you play your cards right, and you can get a Wu Trace Stick (7/18) for about 100pp

For off hand Atramentous Shield for SK is actually freaking amazing and costs the same as a Staff of Shielding which is what you would want for monk off hand...

The cost of gearing the characters with mid level gear will be literally within 100's of PP of each other which is completely trivial.

It really does come down to flare - Monks do more damage and have some cool toys... SKs are true tanks with cool toys and some fun spells that are minimally useful (aside form agro).

ShadowKnight fashionquest is considerably more bad ass than Monk and this can not be discounted. Most monks on P99 look exactly the same leveling up, its pretty easy to tell the twinks from non twinks. SK is a bit more ambiguous and you probably wont be judged on gear quite as harshly.

just my 2coppers

EDIT: If you don't want to tank or pull then you are barking up the wrong tree with Monk/SK - I would recommend a Bard (although you will be asked to pull or tank from time to time) or a Ranger
Last edited by Spyder73; 10-11-2017 at 03:09 PM..