Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 04:13 PM
Kobold

I've never understood the fascination with clearing trash monsters. It is typically an exercise in not falling asleep at the keyboard. I could be missing something major, but I've personally never understood the appeal.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by teija [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CSG can claim innocence all they want but the fact is they could of cleared to kill iki and fesh last night but chose not to. So the only people with room to complain about this are the non-raiders that get caught during that 1% of the time a dragon is at ent.
It's not feasible to clear to most NToV dragons based on the current rules.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

As much as I hate the current poopsocking raid scene, I don't see how removing zone pulls is going to help anything. At least with the current system it's relatively easy to recover from wipes and most of the action happens well away from the various raids.

We already had Awakened intentionally train the zone in to get Vulak yesterday (was your immortal soul worth a Gharn's Rock on an emulated server, pals?). Can you imagine the opportunities for 'oops, sorry about vaporizing your raid there' if multiple guilds are in NTOV simultaneously? The people asking for rooted bosses have simply not thought this through.

Almost everyone agrees that the current raid scene on Project 1999 is horribly broken. The problem is there are only two ways to fix it: massive GM intervention to just rotate everything (probably boring) and mechanics fixes (not classic).
Old 11-08-2016, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowako [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never understood the fascination with clearing trash monsters. It is typically an exercise in not falling asleep at the keyboard. I could be missing something major, but I've personally never understood the appeal.
EQ isn't supposed to be a dopamine pez dispenser. A NToV clear isn't supposed to be easy. You're a casual in a casual guild.
Last edited by Cecily; 11-08-2016 at 04:35 PM..
Old 11-08-2016, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ isn't supposed to be a dopamine pez dispenser.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-08-2016, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

What does it mean when it stops dispensing??? f^^;
Old 11-08-2016, 04:45 PM
Sarnak

Most bluebies don't understand the "deal with it" concept like red players do. Its the difference between someone who complains about being ganked and crys to the admins to regulate it, and someone who would just deal with it intelligently by playing an alt, logging out, waiting till they leave, etc. So the stereotypical bluebie (not all) can't fathom the simple task of checking the zone for any guilds farming it, asking if they're at the zoneline, and not entering if so. Or any other method to prevent dying.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeemoOfAstora [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think at some point it becomes less about pixels at a press of a button so much as the joy of stopping the "other guys" from pressing their buttons.
this is pretty much the root of it all. also its going to alts n alts plus the new influx of players who join the loot machine. all that creates a perfect storm of no lifers and pixel whores.

also on live shit was rooted eventually afaik but not being able to pull wont solve anything other than creating a time sink to move your raid up. prolly creating more of a nightmare of leapfrogging.
Last edited by kotton05; 11-08-2016 at 04:52 PM..
Old 11-08-2016, 05:02 PM
Banned

IMO perma-root all nToV dragons and watch the tears flow as Awakened squeals like a piggy
Old 11-08-2016, 05:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowako [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
some people prefer dungeon crawling to simply "boss mob pulled to group, group kills mob, celebrate rewards". if you're not one of those people you're not going to understand it now. best to accept that others find it enjoyable even if you don't.

those of us who like crawling have a similar confusion about the entertainment value of your preferred strategy, if that makes you feel any better.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Closed Thread