Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea now that I'm thinking about it, I'll make it that your pvp will last until you zone.
The zoning thing is for sure a good idea. I would hate to see someone flipping blue to red inside the same zone, and I know it would happen because of how pathetic some people are out there.

Like I mentioned before Rogean, what do you think about making a set timer when you join a guild for when you can join another?

You join a guild - 2 weeks before you can join another, 1 week before you can disband from your current guild.

Even when not dealing with PvP someone should be dedicated enough to stay in a guild for a week or two when joining. I don't see why anyone would be against this, pvp or not, and it would solve a lot of the loop holes with guildwars.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:03 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple
Like I mentioned before Rogean, what do you think about making a set timer when you join a guild for when you can join another?
Negative~

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-02-2010, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd rather see the system tuned to something thats fair, competitive, and fun, rather than just implimenting it as was and have it be fun for a week before people get tired of it because of everyone circumventing mechanics.
Yes, please...

I mean it's awesome to be 'classic' - but damn, some mechanics - classic or not, were just fuckin' broke.

It can still be 'classic' and 'fixed'. Question can be in this whole 'classic' concept - do we mean "classic" as in JUST the way it was, or "classic" as in the original 'vision' of the game. I vote for the latter.

"Classic" as in Original EQ, but if something was broke and not fixed by sony because they just didn't want to... well, it would have been cool to see that stuff fixed back then.

Hey - couldn't you 'lock' guild invites during a 'guildwar'?

Then the guild leaders would need to '/guildpeace' or whatever to invite people again. Or somehow stop re-invites at least, during a guild war. Locking it completely wouldn't be fair to people who want to join up then.

Or maybe - they only get unflagged *if* the guild stops the war *or* they visit the 'priest of order'?

So if they disband from the guild, during an in-progress 'guildwar' - they have to run to the Priest of Order.

Dunno, just more bad ideas to annoy people.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Raren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyways who are you Xorbier you talk alot of shit for a anon person
I'm your father that abandoned you.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:19 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The majority of people using this command will be people that raid in a normal non-guildwar'd guild for a few hours a day, then hop into a secondary guildwar guild during the rest of their play time. I want to support this play style while at the same time make it non-abusable. This means that there will be no locks or timers on guild invites and whatnot.

Currently my ideas are:

You will remain pvp towards opposing guilds even after guildremoving.. they will still show up red to you and you will still show up red to them. If you join a guild immedietely afterwards, you will also inherit that guild's guildwar flags (So potentially you could be pvp'able to both your current guild and former guild). I'm still unsure how we want to handle guild invites though, as it would then be easy to gather several people, give them invite windows, then all accept at once to gank someone. Looking at ideas for that.

I'm also considering making it so that immedietely after dieing you will not be pvp flagged. Until when I'm not sure, probably either zoning or looting your corpse and then zoning. This will prevent two things.. one, not getting bind camped, and two, not bind rushing.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Aviak

Excuse a question from someone who only played on RZ/SZ... What are the death penalties for dying in pvp on blue servers? Coin loot? CR only?

@Rogean - simple solution to the "join & gank", along the same lines as what you proposed for /guildremoving... only allow pvp toggle to flip when zoning. So, if you join a guild you don't inherit their pvp flags until you zone.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
The majority of people using this command will be people that raid in a normal non-guildwar'd guild for a few hours a day, then hop into a secondary guildwar guild during the rest of their play time. I want to support this play style while at the same time make it non-abusable. This means that there will be no locks or timers on guild invites and whatnot.

Currently my ideas are:

You will remain pvp towards opposing guilds even after guildremoving.. they will still show up red to you and you will still show up red to them. If you join a guild immedietely afterwards, you will also inherit that guild's guildwar flags (So potentially you could be pvp'able to both your current guild and former guild). I'm still unsure how we want to handle guild invites though, as it would then be easy to gather several people, give them invite windows, then all accept at once to gank someone. Looking at ideas for that.

I'm also considering making it so that immedietely after dieing you will not be pvp flagged. Until when I'm not sure, probably either zoning or looting your corpse and then zoning. This will prevent two things.. one, not getting bind camped, and two, not bind rushing.
Carebear PVP sounds like a blast
Old 09-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by xorbier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You will be the first one I target and execute. Any other stipulations you want to set sweetie?

/guildwar ftw. YES!
I'll be sitting comfortably on isle 7 with my keys.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starklen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll be sitting comfortably on isle 7 with my keys.
LOL that is actually pretty funny
Old 09-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Should we impliment the /guildwar command? What guilds would use it? etc.

Kinda curious.
My main is not in a guild right now, im waiting for Kunark. But if you guys would implement this, id log right back in and find me a pvp guild.
Closed Thread