Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Would you participate in a guildwar under this system?
I enjoy PvP and would like this system. 126 64.29%
I enjoy PvP but I don't like this system. 14 7.14%
I don't like PvP. 56 28.57%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dig it.

Do we want to force good/evil races to a certain side ala sullon zek?

Also I make no promises if the rest of the dev team doesn't support it.
Dunno, was thinking about that. Could you do it by deity?

Of course, that might make the 'dark' team too heavy.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a great idea!.

How do we stop someone having their friend the cleric follow them around unguilded and healing people to full with no pvp recourse? The pvp flag that stops you from getting heals/buffs from non pvp players is terrible when you wanna stay pvp for a while but still group but the threat of immortal healing is too powerfull.

Any ideas?

Sullon Zek Sunday
Rog said earlier - if you aren't in the guild, people outside can't buff/heal - so that's non-issue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hell, that would make it better than TZ/VZ

Then ANYONE coming to the server could bascially choose - PvP or not. Be interesting - some guilds might end up in the mix too.
Question thought - since it's a mechanic... could those 'default' teams ever go to war with a guild? That would be even cooler ++

If any guild triggers a guildwar at all, could they automatically be at war with these two, or would that be a bad idea?
Old 09-03-2010, 11:37 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rog said earlier - if you aren't in the guild, people outside can't buff/heal - so that's non-issue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only if you've been engaged by an enemy guild within the last 5 minutes.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only if you've been engaged by an enemy guild within the last 5 minutes.
But once they have engaged - an out of guild cleric couldn't be healing them.

This would also change the group dynamic too - we need to keep that in mind. Red players might not want to group with blue, in case a PvP fight breaks out and vice-versa.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:40 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They wouldn't be red to non-enemy players.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
They wouldn't be red to non-enemy players.
But if you are at Orc 13... Hanging with the brews, killin' Orcs and gnomes... You're a bad ass SK.. Some cleric comes up and starts jumping bad with the SK, nuking with elite nukes and such...

Then the druid in the group who's 'blue' couldn't heal the SK.. for 5 minutes? Maybe I'm getting the mechanics goofed in my head.

Of course - wouldn't want the druid to heal the SK - that would make the dr00d an 'immy healer'.

Of course - people can live with it, it's not a big deal either. I guess - they'd see the 'Dark Team' guild flag and know right off that person (SK) in the group could potentially be attacked...
Old 09-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Sarnak

isn't that the priest of discord?
Old 09-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Sarnak

There should be a tangible benefit to PvPing in that raiding guilds should have incentive to PvP in raid zones to compete for content. Otherwise, these wars wouldn't happen very often in these guilds (which host most of the lvl 50 players).
Old 09-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Aviak

Rogean - i think forcing a side is a bad idea at this point in the server. It might be fine at the start of a server, but not giving friends the option to join together wouldn't be very fun.

I do think the choice should be somewhat permanent though - would be nice if there was at least a relatively long cooldown between "guild switches".

What to do in case of overwhelming imbalance one way or the other? Let the players figure it out?
Old 09-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

I like the generic light and dark guilds that are in a state of perma-war, but I would still like to see all guilds get the option of participating in a guild war.

The number of unguilded players over level 30 probably isn't huge, and of those the number who would want to pvp is guaranteed to be smaller. Divide that in half and you could end up with very low numbers for the generic light/dark guilds.

I also think the 5 minute 'no outside help' flag is a good compromise. I would hope that if you join a group and your guild is at war you would inform your group mates that you could be attacked. That or just group with guildies.

One thing I do see as a problem...since it sounds like you get PVP flagged the moment you make an offensive action towards an enemy, does that mean a cleric trying to help a guildie has to waste mana on a nuke or take a swing at someone before they can start healing their guild mate?