Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 02:04 PM
Kobold

Default Trio question.

I'm playing with nec and enc all of us are 52-55. Anyone have any trio ideas? I was thinking if the enc could have their pet root tank, could the rogue backstab effectivley?
Old 10-26-2016, 02:07 PM
Aviak

NPCs will always attack the closest player when rooted. It will completely disregard the pet.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Can fear kite. Otherwise need to learn the rogue reach-around to land them backstabs from the front. It takes a bit of talent and some hard work to get down ^.~
Old 10-26-2016, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

Howling Stones North with that trio would be fun and very quick killing.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

I think he means nec pet backstab which should work fine if positioned right
Old 10-26-2016, 02:47 PM
Fire Giant

If you're a nec/enc duo looking for a third, any priest would be great.

-Cleric CHing charmed pets is very effective, as well as extra HP/heals for charm breaks.

-Druid can bring snares/regen/DS/charm break healing/etc, and sometimes can add an additional charm DPS

-Shaman can of course do all the stat buffs, regen that necro, heal for charm breaks, add malo line of spells to stack with the enc's tash for charm, and can take over slows to save the ench more mana for charming/CC

-Mage also comes to mind, if you're already in a pet heavy group, why not add more pet?!

If you wanted a more permanent tank, consider SK or Paladin, between necro heals + Enc slows +C, Healing should be manageable.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:10 AM
Fire Giant

If I'm understanding you correctly, root tanking means the chanter roots the mob, then gets close to get hit and make summoned pet engage. If this is the case, then the mob will attack the closest target in my experience, depending on your melee range and that of backstab it could be possible to be right at the edge of that zone and backstab effectively. I know I've managed to do it when duoing on my Druid with my chanter friend. Could slowly creep forward with melee on and get some safe skill ups in.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:18 AM
Planar Protector

Enc and necro duo would imo most benefit from the following classes, in that order:

1. Cleric - charm pet ch, buffs, heals
2. Shaman - heals, buffs, slows, tankage where unavoidable
3. Druid - heals, buffs, ports
Old 10-27-2016, 09:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enc and necro duo would imo most benefit from the following classes, in that order:

1. Cleric - charm pet ch, buffs, heals
2. Shaman - heals, buffs, slows, tankage where unavoidable
3. Druid - heals, buffs, ports
close, but incorrect...

Enchanters group well with literally any class, so take that out of the equation and you are left with the necromancer.

The classes who group best with necromancer are Monk and Shaman, so my suggestion would be add in a Monk or Shaman.

Monks can chain pull for your double-charm-DPS-machine, so I would say necro/enh/monk would be an ideal power trio (I know from experience also). Necromancers can heal quite well is something people tend to forget and can easily keep a monk up who is pulling and DPSing.

Cleric and Druid are both inferior choices to the Monk in this trio by a long shot. Cleric CH is OK, but so is killing your pet and getting a new one. Nothing really makes up for the monks pulling ability/off-tanking ability/DPS
Old 10-27-2016, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Definitely add a healer, in a few levels consider making the healer a cleric and going into Howling Stones. I think that would be a rocking trio, especially if the cleric is good/versatile (ie - keeps root loaded, maybe an undead nuke depending on mana, etc).
Closed Thread