Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 07:12 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This has been replied to ad nauseam.

Project 1999 Management decided on forced UI long before this UI endeavour. This is not the place to complain about it.

The old marble UI would truthfully be mostly usable, but not at a range of resolutions. And the only way to make it truly classic would be for people to use view port possible.

Both of these have been discussed at length.
how is it not the place to discuss it when the thread is titled "feedback"

this is a pointless and irritating way to annoy the players.

the classic interface is much easier to achieve on blue server, without even trying.

Why even spend resources on something that will never port evenly to every single player's monitor.

we're everquest players. We all have a basic technical know-how and are going to customize our experience no matter what you do.

those are just facts.
Old 10-30-2019, 07:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowspudd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we're everquest players. We all have a basic technical know-how and are going to customize our experience no matter what you do.

those are just facts.
How dare you taunt the Classic deity!!!
Old 10-30-2019, 08:29 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowspudd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how is it not the place to discuss it when the thread is titled "feedback"

this is a pointless and irritating way to annoy the players.

the classic interface is much easier to achieve on blue server, without even trying.

Why even spend resources on something that will never port evenly to every single player's monitor.

those are just facts
It is not the place to discuss forced UI. We had absolutely ZERO to do with that. So complaining here is going nowhere. I have no control over that.

P1999 player base has not shown any particular knack for understanding anything technical in the past. Unzipping patch notes can be a hurdle for some. Expecting people to be able to setup a viewport and force a true classic UI is pretty much impossible.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'm not complaining I am giving my feedback in a Feedback/Bugs/Discussion forum.

Being a Nazi does not make you right.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:50 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
I'm not complaining I am giving my feedback in a Feedback/Bugs/Discussion forum.

Being a Nazi does not make you right.
I am not P1999 Management? This decision to enforce UI was made months ago. Complaining here about forced UIs, would be like going to your doctor to complain that your engine in your car is making a funny noise. I literally can't help you.

The entire point of this was that the decision was made to enforce UI months ago (there was backlash on blue about it). So they loosened it up and continued to allow custom UIs on Blue, but the decision was made to enforce the Velious UI on Green. The Velious UI they were distributing had many era-incorrect windows, and some texture issues.

Enter the people involved in this thread. We changed textures, changed some windows, made it more era correct. We are asking for bug reports and feedback relating to the content of the UI. Not the fact that you don't like having a UI enforced. I literally can't do anything for you.

I don't understand why you are having such a difficult time understanding this.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:27 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not P1999 Management? This decision to enforce UI was made months ago. Complaining here about forced UIs, would be like going to your doctor to complain that your engine in your car is making a funny noise. I literally can't help you.

The entire point of this was that the decision was made to enforce UI months ago (there was backlash on blue about it). So they loosened it up and continued to allow custom UIs on Blue, but the decision was made to enforce the Velious UI on Green. The Velious UI they were distributing had many era-incorrect windows, and some texture issues.

Enter the people involved in this thread. We changed textures, changed some windows, made it more era correct. We are asking for bug reports and feedback relating to the content of the UI. Not the fact that you don't like having a UI enforced. I literally can't do anything for you.

I don't understand why you are having such a difficult time understanding this.
I am going to take a picture of BLUE UI with classic interface in just a minute to just really piss you off. I know you aren't management, that's why I don't understand your issue with me. This is my opinion. This entire thing is stupid.

Nonetheless I made my velious UI look half decent following SOMEBODY's recommendation to use the BROWN texture background. Thank you.
Old 11-02-2019, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

It’s just a UI man, calm down.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

waaa
Old 11-04-2019, 05:53 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graahle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s just a UI man, calm down.
my point exactly.

Here's my screenshots, and blue server UI is notably better looking and more classic by default.

I had the full hud the other day, then I mentioned you could do that on Blue, now I can't recreate it. Could be coincidental, I had DUXAui installer over my patch files until I realized that was why my meditate button would not appear on Green.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(velious ui, basis for green)

(classic UI old)

(classic ui)
Old 11-04-2019, 09:49 AM
VIP / Contributor

That is not the classic UI? That is the default titanium UI. I honestly have no idea what you are going on about. You are near incomprehensible. I am trying to not be rude. Those are not even remotely era correct. I think the Titanium edition was released in like 2006 or something. Not even remotely close to the trilogy era.
Closed Thread