Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 02:20 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Green Server differences

Why would they loc out the use of the horizontal hotbars? Are they planning on loosing the restrictions on the hotbars in the future? Also, the reduced spawn rate in the newbie areas was a bit premature for us casual old fellas. I can seem to find a single mob to kill out side of Kaladim at this point.
Are they going to turn back on the NPC tab targeting ability that lets me cycle through NPC?
Old 10-31-2019, 02:52 PM
Sarnak

That 6 button hotbar is what was in game at launch. They are going for as classic a feel as possible. 6 button hotbar, darkness , corpse runs etc. Exp penalties.

Some of that stuff will be put back in later as relates to the patches on live around that time
Old 10-31-2019, 03:11 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Its classic but not whole classic, like, limited hot buttons classic but you cannot drop money on the floor for real classic. Gotta love it when they pick and choose the classics.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its classic but not whole classic, like, limited hot buttons classic but you cannot drop money on the floor for real classic. Gotta love it when they pick and choose the classics.
They have to disable things like that or you're going to have people dropping thousands of copper on the ground and crashing zones.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectarprime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They have to disable things like that or you're going to have people dropping thousands of copper on the ground and crashing zones.
Is that the reason behind it? I thought it was turned off to stop twinks.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:18 PM
Kobold

I'm not sure if there's really any risk of crashing zones from dropping coins on the ground, but it's probably just way easier to make some UI changes, than it is to implement massive client updates such as the ability to drop coin.

Dropping coins isn't "turned off" - it's not a part of the Titanium client at all. It was removed from the game long before Titanium. The devs would have to reimplement the functionality from scratch.

Also being able to drop coin doesn't have much gameplay value, but it would be cool as a nostalgia thing.

The ability to drop coins on the ground was removed from EverQuest because it made it too easy to scam players, apparently.
Last edited by Khorza; 10-31-2019 at 03:27 PM..
Old 10-31-2019, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

Who knows. and some things are because the titanium client doesnt support what they want it to do
Old 10-31-2019, 03:20 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by magusfire24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who knows. and some things are because the titanium client doesnt support what they want it to do
I believe the issue is that the titanium client doesn’t support coin dropping.

I believe the number of hotkeys per page is expanded to 8 at some point.
Closed Thread