Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xadion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still seeking knight 2h change/buff/update

and plz fix lifetaps/HT - I don't think 45+ players are standing by to ivyanderhoop trak down instantly anymore >_<
Doesn't it make sense to totally nerf the shit out of two classes instead of just changing the spell effect of one item (or just removing that effect from the item)? I mean come on. Obviously this was a well thought out change that has remained for years now...

♦♦ Nikkanu (60 Dark Elf Cleric) ♦♦
♦♦ Psychoactive (60 Ogre Shaman) ♦♦
♦♦ Recycling (60 Iksar Necromancer) ♦♦
♦♦ Silentblade (60 Dwarf Rogue) ♦♦
♦♦ Yourack (60 Human Monk) ♦♦
♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Old 09-05-2016, 09:43 AM
Aviak

Time to level bards to every level range for duo PL's, disrupt the zone 4 times longer, then delevel the bard back down and repeat.
Seized - 60 Cleric
Astounding Pounding - 51 Druid
Old 09-05-2016, 09:45 AM
Aviak

Terrible decision.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Fuck yeah. Thanks devs!
Old 09-05-2016, 10:08 AM
Banned

Bout time, great decision!
Old 09-05-2016, 10:09 AM
Kobold

Should definitely make things interesting. There is already a group xp'ing in chardok legitimately this morning.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profyx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Time to level bards to every level range for duo PL's, disrupt the zone 4 times longer, then delevel the bard back down and repeat.
Awwww, poor bard can't claim ownership over a whole zone anymore. I know, I know, it is a class mechanic. So is AE mez, FD, mem-blur, but that doesn't mean I will use those to ruin your entire day when you swarm. Something you bards may want to think about you grief an entire zone with that pitiful excuse, "BUT IT IS A CLASS MECHANIC!!1eoene!!!!"
Old 09-05-2016, 10:13 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not going to speak too much to the technological reasons being given for AE nerf, as it was a general feeling amongst the staff, not just one or two people. However, there were additional reasons that changes needed to be made. Chardok AE trivializes XP Gain with loads of free time inbetween, which goes against the spirit of the entire game, not just Classic EQ. It's also one of the only spots you can do this, which is significantly unfair as a whole. Bard AE kiting also continues to cause issues with zone disruptions.

So while you may disagree with one or two of the reasons, there's certainly enough people here agreeing that the change overall needed to be made.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-05-2016, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

The way the coding selects the 25 mobs, is it similar to how the code selects the 4 or 5 mobs hit by a targetted AE spell?

For example, if I have mobs 1-10 in my kite all balled up and I cast a AE Direct Damage spell (4 target cap), every single time the server will select Mobs 1,2,3,4 (names given arbitrarily). It will continue selecting those mobs until they die or are out of range of the AE.

Will PBAE select the same 25 every time or will it be random?
Old 09-05-2016, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not going to speak too much to the technological reasons being given for AE nerf, as it was a general feeling amongst the staff, not just one or two people. However, there were additional reasons that changes needed to be made. Chardok AE trivializes XP Gain with loads of free time inbetween, which goes against the spirit of the entire game, not just Classic EQ. It's also one of the only spots you can do this, which is significantly unfair as a whole. Bard AE kiting also continues to cause issues with zone disruptions.

So while you may disagree with one or two of the reasons, there's certainly enough people here agreeing that the change overall needed to be made.
/hug /hug /hug /hug /hug /hug /hug /hug /hug /hug
Closed Thread