Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2023, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Before the server launched we said that anyone who outed a CSR would receive a Fungi tunic, and the person in question would be given the choice of stopping either playing or CSR'ing, one of the two.

Zaide outed a CSR's personal identity and the CSR was given that choice. They stayed on the staff and were later removed from the team for unrelated reasons upon an secondary, unrelated investigation.
This fungi tunic 'accusation' came to light a month after it had happened as someone inspected Zaide's character, after we had rewarded them for outing someone who betrayed our trust internally.

From my perspective, it removed someone who betrayed our trust, and the incentive worked as it was intended.
Players did not like the incentive. We listened to them, heard out their concerns. I disagree with not keeping that incentive in still.

We have since dialed back the reward to a multi word surname (title) of the players' choice for outing a CSR, and the punishment for the team member in question is now to have the CSR removed entirely.
I expected people to have concerns about the entire thing because it involved an unobtainable item, and it was exacerbated by the fact that it was given to the guild leader of a prominent guild, who also joked about the reward publicly, which many have quoted without the context.

Personally, I don't give a single fuck what folks think about us. I'm not stopping the server because someone 'exposed' something that we did in plain sight and have talked about on the Discord and Twitch repeatedly since launch. But, I think it's also important to disclose factual information surrounding the fiction said about us.

From this forum's perspective, it's not expected that anyone would understand the facts surrounding the situation. P99 players play on P99. Most don't keep up with this server. That's understandable that people will make their own conclusions from Tiktok-tier sources as a way to justify tribalism. For example, I was told that there would be a group of players attempting to discredit us because they didn't want to leave Green. That's their decision to play where they want. But don't harass us over it.

Let me tell you this: both servers hate that shit. I delete comments made about P99's staff on our Discord all the time. Our server isn't a safe space for that kind of drama.

We all just want to make a cool game to play. We're transparent as fuck because I learned if we aren't, we'll get even more wild accusations thrown against us than this. And I still try and respond to our accusations, no matter how wild... it's easier for people to make conclusions with all the facts available.
You promoted the server here and now that some tomfoolery gets exposed you're the victim?

Sorry but this is a huge steaming pile of turd you just tried to serve up

You're trying to excuse blatant corruption at the highest levels within your staff giving political answers with a forked tongue

You 'announced' that anyone that outed a CSR would receive a fungi tunic and then when this supposedly happens, you don't say anything and people don't find out until an inspection and it's the leader of a prominent guild? No serverwide message? No giving anyone a head's up?

Bruh

How do we know you didn't premeditate the fungi story to provide cover for when you geared out your pals? Plausible deniability. Average players were never going to out a CSR, let's be real here

No, what happened is you guys gave one of your boys a fungi on the sly and cooked up a story when people found out. This has always been a problem with private servers. A incestuous relationship between the top players and 'staff' and 'devs' with no self control wanting to please the cliques. You had an opportunity to break that cycle and learn from past mistakes, but you failed miserably

Anyone who plays on Quarm needs to understand if you're trying to compete with any of these fools whispering in Secret's ear you don't stand a chance. There is no level playing field

Anytime there is some massive elf lawyer quest where your staff has to get involved and pick winners and losers this issue is going to be on people's minds, especially when you side with the guild leader of a prominent guild. This isn't about the item you dumb sob

Play at your own risk
Old 11-24-2023, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

I mean, if you wanna give away fungi tunics out of era just say so.

It's just that most of us here were under the impression that this was going to be a legit box. Nothing legitimate about summoning fungi tunics out of era. It doesn't really matter how you try and spin it.
I mean no offense! Totally run the server how you want! It's yours after all! I just thought it was going to be more like p99 and less like a gmsummon server. My mistake.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 11-24-2023, 07:03 PM
Banned

I give it a few days and people will be focused on other things. Sure it'll be part of server lore and rumor mill forever, but any popular EQ Emu worth it's salt has those.
Old 11-24-2023, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

youget.jpg
Old 11-24-2023, 07:29 PM
Banned

Quarm is awesome. Going to retire from EQ once Quarm has been around for a few years and I've done all my EQ bucket list items.

Don't care how perfect Quarm is. It's the server that I like.

It's got humorous and human CSR. Transparency. They aren't poopsock apologists. Relaxed attitude. Rotations. And generally better combat mechanics and code. It's open source and already done a lot for its parent project TAKP.

Ya'll can be bitter all ya want. Quarm won the EQ Emu wars. Secrets is giga Stacy.
Old 11-24-2023, 08:00 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You promoted the server here and now that some tomfoolery gets exposed you're the victim?

Sorry but this is a huge steaming pile of turd you just tried to serve up

You're trying to excuse blatant corruption at the highest levels within your staff giving political answers with a forked tongue

You 'announced' that anyone that outed a CSR would receive a fungi tunic and then when this supposedly happens, you don't say anything and people don't find out until an inspection and it's the leader of a prominent guild? No serverwide message? No giving anyone a head's up?

Bruh

How do we know you didn't premeditate the fungi story to provide cover for when you geared out your pals? Plausible deniability. Average players were never going to out a CSR, let's be real here

No, what happened is you guys gave one of your boys a fungi on the sly and cooked up a story when people found out. This has always been a problem with private servers. A incestuous relationship between the top players and 'staff' and 'devs' with no self control wanting to please the cliques. You had an opportunity to break that cycle and learn from past mistakes, but you failed miserably

Anyone who plays on Quarm needs to understand if you're trying to compete with any of these fools whispering in Secret's ear you don't stand a chance. There is no level playing field

Anytime there is some massive elf lawyer quest where your staff has to get involved and pick winners and losers this issue is going to be on people's minds, especially when you side with the guild leader of a prominent guild. This isn't about the item you dumb sob

Play at your own risk
You jumping to conclusions about something you don't know tells me all I need to know about your reading comprehension.

We enforce the rules equally and written. And the rewards are equally granted as written. If you actually read instead of jumping to conspiracies, you'd understand the core facts here:

1) We advertised openly that we would reward people for exposing our staff since prior to launch (and also on these forums, I believe)
2) Zaide reported a CSR that disclosed the identity of a CSR's player character in private.
3) Zaide declined the fungi reward at first.
4) The CSR was given a choice to continue playing or continue CSR'ing.
5) The CSR chose to continue CSR'ing.
6) The CSR's personal involvement with the playerbase gave us concern
7) The CSR was removed from the team and was generally understanding of why. We did not disclose the details of their removal to protect their privacy.
8) The policy was updated after players had noticed Zaide with a fungi reward.

If you don't like the way we handle our server, here's a list of other 1-box EverQuest servers (excluding the Chainbreaker (Classless) server that is still going because we're also involved there, too)

www.everquest.com - Live, TLP (Truebox)
www.project1999.com - Project 1999 Green, Red, Blue (1box)

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 11-24-2023, 08:12 PM
Server GM

This thread is dumb, here's a link to PQ's discord. Use that instead.

https://discord.com/invite/projectquarm

tyhf
Closed Thread