Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 07:10 PM
Large Rat

Default EC Tunnel Trading - Headaches and Distorted Vision

New player here... addicted to EQ again and loving it. I really appreciate all of the Dev's hard work.

Question for the long time players. After 15 minutes or so of trying to sell / buy in EC tunnel, I get massive headaches behind my eyes, and start seeing artifacts. I'm not sure if its the super bright Item links, small text, or trying to focus my eyes on the super speed scrolling text.

I've tried changing font size, font type. Any suggestions for making EC Tunnel trading bearable? Being able to buy and sell is a big part of the game.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

This may take some experimentation on your part. Try some of the following:

1. Change your auction chat window background to white
2. Change the colors of item links (not sure if you can do this, but should be in the same section as the other chat colors)
3. Rather than watch live auctions, turn it off and use this page instead: http://ahungry.com/eqauctions - should be pretty up to date and you can send tells to anyone you want to purchase from. For selling, just add PST to the ends of your WTS postings. It's normal to send tells anyway but PST is more explicit.
4. Take frequent breaks from reading auctions, say every 10 minutes if you start developing headaches at 15 minutes
5. Resize your auction chat window so things don't scroll out of view so fast

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 08-30-2015, 07:49 PM
Large Rat

Sorn... Thank you for the suggestions.

I changed the back ground to a near white, with hint of grey.
I changed the text to Black, with item links in a Dark Royal blue... light enough to be different than the black text.
I have the auction window about 2/3 the screen.

These changes alone make it much easier to read, and is not nearly as much of a strain to read... but its still a bit of a strain to try to follow the scoll. I think this is just the nature of how this works, though.

http://ahungry.com/eqauctions is killer! Now to get it working with my AdBlock Plus.

Thank you very much for your insight.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:57 AM
Planar Protector

When I am in the tunnel I pull the auction window to nearly 3/4 of the whole screen. That way things change a LOT slower and it is not as big a eyestrain. /chatfont 5 is the largest you can make text.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:45 AM
Banned

ahungry.com/eqauctions

This website is much better than sitting in EC tunnel if you want to buy - live tracks auctions and has search functions. Type in the item you want to buy and it will show people who are selling it.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:15 AM
Large Rat

for buying, I prefer the method of ignoring the auction barking and just announce that I'm trying to buy said item. mostly treat EC Auction as tl;dr unless I'm pricing something to sell.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:43 AM
Fire Giant

I sort of get the same thing but I get more sick and feel like puking when my character gets drunk and everything is echoing and bouncing back and forth...

I used to get the same way after playing DOOM and DOOM II for a few hours and everything was moving too fast on the screen.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

/chatfontsize 5
Old 08-31-2015, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Once you learn all the droppable items in the game you can keep a 3 inch tall auction window and your eyes wont hurt.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:14 PM
Fire Giant

i just changed my item links to a brown color, auction chat green as default and black background, that's easy on the eyes for me at least