Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 04:54 AM
Aviak

Default New Raiding rules for ToV & Kael ... Why?

Everything is in the title, anyone in the mind of Sirken and could explain me that Decision?

Thanks!
Old 06-16-2017, 07:39 AM
Banned

People have been whining about wanting instant engages since those rules were put into place. Maybe binds are getting removed next patch and they are preparing for that? /shrug
Old 06-16-2017, 07:40 AM
Planar Protector

I was curious upon reading all ToV / Tormax / Statue rules removed. What does that mean? Foot races no longer a thing but FTE is still respected? (i.e. can camp on spawn points for FTE?)

Was done super early in the morning too... perhaps Sirken got fed up with angry Petition/LawyerQuesters?
Old 06-16-2017, 07:51 AM
Banned

if anything this will result in an uptick of angry Petition/Lawyerquest.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:57 AM
Fire Giant

No rules = No CSR? Thatll be fun.

Otherwise it'll be like Noble or Lodi. Spam pet attack. Just need to have your raid force all poopsocking with you for 16 hours. Just in time for Summer lol
Old 06-16-2017, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

Well 1hr engage is no longer a thing it seems, so pet attacking in ToV to get FTE doesn't seem to do a thing. Would need to have force parked at the spawn point for engage (unlikely) or at zone in (likely), and the pull team essentially tracking to do the pull before anyone else.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Q12: What exactly does the Staff consider a stall?
A: As far as engage stalls, the Staff will grant you one DA, or about that much time on an engage before considering it a stall. So it’s important that guilds do not engage a mob until they are ready to kill it. The spirit of the rule (and what we are looking to do here) is to prevent guilds from locking up a target before they are ready to kill it, just to prevent other guilds that are ready to kill it first/faster. If you stall, you need to drop aggro immediately and concede/forfeit the mob. Any number of players can be considered to be stalling a mob, what we look for is the engage of the kill force. I know some of you want an exact number of seconds, or players, or DPS done, but the fact is that’s just not realistic with guilds being so vastly different in numbers and strength while also competing for the same content. The most important thing here is the statement about the spirit of this rule stated above.
Pulling ToV dragons to the zone in/out can take a lot more than 30 seconds... I foresee a lot of unintentional "stalling" coming into play?

CONCEDE FGTS
Old 06-16-2017, 08:39 AM
Sarnak

Excited for another solid day of RNF
Old 06-16-2017, 08:59 AM
Banned

For those of you who are wondering, this change will definitely make the raid scene "more hardcore". Its going to waste a lot more peoples time than the footrace system because now the entire raid has to be ready to log in at a moments notice. I think the days of rapid CoTH botting are back upon us =(

Old System - Aftermath gets FTE - yay! - now we have 1 hour to casually log in characters, send batphones, dick around setting up CH chain, wait on people to arrive, send people out to get in position to train mobs around ToV, ect, ect. 1 hour is a good amount of time.

New System - During windows for mobs you want the entire raid has to basically be sitting at the login screen ready to log in within 20 seconds of the mob spawning. "Has to" because that's what A/A will turn it into. Burn out will increase, but maybe that's the point.

Finding light in the darkness
- If this doesn't lead to a rotation I am not sure what will. Will Deotxx and Breaken let the filthy casual in? Or will it be 2-3 guild domination? The casual is Detoxx's most hated creature so I'd imagine the latter.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:02 AM
Sarnak

Lol Sirkens keepin things interesting around here. Instant pulls won't be a thing for most mobs. I feel this, along with the leashing change, is an attempt to nudge the community to agree to a rotation. Guilds are just gonna be cothing around ToV to kill shit again. This is gonna be fun.

Hooray no more racing and staring at the wall an lockouts.. fuck ya.