Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 05:57 AM
Large Rat

Default Monk epic questions

I just recently downed Eejag and I have some questions about the next few fights.

To spawn the next fight an item from a previous fight needs to be turned in to a specific mob. For example to spawn Gwan "Charred Scales" must be turned in to "A Presence".

Are these items eatten on hand in or given back? I plan on doing these fights with low numbers and am concerned that failing to kill a mob will result in having to do all the fights over again.

Do the mobs depop? The wiki states that Vorash and Deep will depop if not engages after 80 minutes. Does anyone know if Xenevorash, Trunt or Gwan despawn after a certain period of time? Or do you have plenty of time after a wipe to rez/buff up and try again?

I believe I read somewhere that Xenevorash's AE can be avoided if attacking from max melee range. Does anyone know the validity of this claim?
Old 10-19-2016, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by llgreyfoxll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just recently downed Eejag and I have some questions about the next few fights.

To spawn the next fight an item from a previous fight needs to be turned in to a specific mob. For example to spawn Gwan "Charred Scales" must be turned in to "A Presence".

Are these items eatten on hand in or given back? I plan on doing these fights with low numbers and am concerned that failing to kill a mob will result in having to do all the fights over again.

Do the mobs depop? The wiki states that Vorash and Deep will depop if not engages after 80 minutes. Does anyone know if Xenevorash, Trunt or Gwan despawn after a certain period of time? Or do you have plenty of time after a wipe to rez/buff up and try again?

I believe I read somewhere that Xenevorash's AE can be avoided if attacking from max melee range. Does anyone know the validity of this claim?
The items are eaten and the new ones for next step are looted from the corpse. Not actually sure if they depop or not, but yeah and grunt are easy wins with 3 60s and can probably both be duo'd by a pair of 60s.

Xenovorash does eventually despawn but he stays up for a good hour or more. You'll probably want 2 clerics 4 dps and a solid warrior all 60 for that one. 2 full groups better and if your help is all mid 50s bring more if you want to play it safe.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:46 PM
Banned

Trunt is completely immune to magic, so only bring melee DPS – and duoing him is not as easy as it sounds even though I suppose possible. Need a healer, a tank, and 2-3 DPS to safely/easily down him with no issues
Old 10-30-2016, 02:57 AM
Large Rat

Thanks for the advice. Finished all the fights with 60 monk, mage, shaman, 55 necro, 51 warrior, 48 cleric.

Eejag, Gwan, and Trunt are all pretty similar in difficulty. If your group can kill one of them then they can kill all of them.

I tanked all the fights as a 60 monk with 3.8k HP 1035 AC. Each fight required around 3-4 CH's and they could be started around 50% HP safely. Parser said average hit was around 100 for each fight, but they do hit quickly.

Vorash was when things got a bit more difficult. Average hit went up to 120 and he has an annoying single target proc that the p99wiki said nothing about (sense been updated). Its a 500dd, 15 second stun. Fight took a lot more CH's and they needed to be started around 80%. Because of the burst from the 500dd proc doing 80% CH's was cutting it close sometimes.

Xenovorash was much harder than expected. Took a few attempts. Average hit was around 150. And even starting CH's at 100% HP still required patch heals from shaman to stay alive if I took some bad combat rounds. I managed to hold aggro during the fight easily, but I'm not sure how. I felt like I was stunned most of the fight with MR around 150. If you plan on doing a low number fight definitely use a DS potion the damage really adds up. Cleric had around 2.2k mana, ate all of the necro's mana, used five mod rods and still ended the fight oom. If you plan on doing this fight bring a better tank or two clerics.

Xenovorash was up for at least 2.5 hours. We had plenty of time to rez, and rebuff after multiple wipes. So not sure on the depop timer but it's long.
Last edited by llgreyfoxll; 10-30-2016 at 03:18 AM..
Closed Thread