Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-27-2015, 01:58 PM
Aviak

Smile Reccomandation to GM's

Hey there, I have several RL friends playing on the server and we love it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. They play on and off but we all seem to be having the same issue: where is the latest patch notes!!??

Most of the time I can find it easily on the home page but if the patch is from months ago, it's not always on the home page so I start searching through all the forums hoping someone posted a link... Is there a easier way to find the patch?? I literally have to go to my friends houses and help them find the latest patch... Is there any way to keep the latest patch on the home page or possibly create a forum specifically with all the latest patches? Thanks in advance, open to any suggestions
Old 04-27-2015, 02:01 PM
Fire Giant

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2651

Quote:
Once you have completed installation you will need to extract the Project 1999 required game file changes. The current distribution is Project 1999 Files (V36).

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:01 PM
VIP / Contributor

There's a sticky post in the news and announcements forum.

Rogean and Nilbog update it every time they push out a patch, so it should always contain the most up to date info and spell files.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11
Old 04-27-2015, 02:04 PM
VIP / Contributor

also, if you need to update the patch notes it will contain a link like this post from Rogean:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=173641

Nilbog's sticky in the other post does not contain a link to the most recent spell files, so you would just have to find the most recent patch notes to find the latest patch files.

I think they are usually in that sticky no matter what. I think nilberg may have forgotten to add them this time around. We can forgive him though since he is literally God of p99
Old 04-27-2015, 02:10 PM
Aviak

Ahh there we go, thank you. I'll start downloading them from the news and announcements forum. Hmm maybe we should make it easier for new players to find tho.. Home page is really easy and takes no searching. I wonder how many people stoped playing because they couldn't find patch notes.. I really love this server tho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] thanks for the advice
Old 04-27-2015, 02:51 PM
Aviak

The latest patch files are also included in the "Getting Started" guide that is shown as a link in red letters on the front page. http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

I've introduced several friends to the server and they've all found it with no problem.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:58 PM
Aviak

Hmm maybe changing the forum name to "news, announcements, latest patch notes" could make it more clear as well
Old 04-27-2015, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sktank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm maybe changing the forum name to "news, announcements, latest patch notes" could make it more clear as well
Maybe when someone comes to the site a rep will pop up for chat help and guide you step by step on how to install the game.............For someone that wants to play EQ you sure want a lot of hand holding.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe when someone comes to the site a rep will pop up for chat help and guide you step by step on how to install the game.............For someone that wants to play EQ you sure want a lot of hand holding.
Oh hey look we have a negative nancy that joined the conversation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. You would be suprised how many people don't know where to find the latest patch notes other then the home page. People who play every day won't have this issue cuz they download the files the same day it's patched but returning players often don't know where to look. If you search "spell files" or "patch notes" you will see quite a few people couldn't find them. I asked several people in game and they responded "it should be on the home page I think.."
If the patch notes were easier to find there would actually be less hand holding
Old 04-27-2015, 07:20 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we could get the taco bell chick