Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 06:55 PM
Fire Giant

These are some photos taken on my phone of my character on a private server EQ trilogy client.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:56 PM
Fire Giant

Rotation fail. I’ll try a print screen later just busy atm.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Here is the entire original tutorial, shows buttons being pressed and shit

Edit: better version 3dfx graphics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l93daYpKY8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0ErchwGqR8
Last edited by BlackBellamy; 09-27-2019 at 07:15 PM..
Old 09-27-2019, 10:45 PM
Fire Giant

Good work lads. Sorry for my confusion earlier!
Old 09-27-2019, 10:53 PM
Planar Protector

I am excited to share some progress, one of these is mine and one of these is original.

There are some serious challenges ahead but we have a few options to get around em and hopefully we can have some more updates soon! But for now I am happy to report I have the font and its settings or at least am 99% close to it, and created buttons that are are getting pretty close to original I think!

What do you think which one is classic? A or B [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: I'm noticing the font is not 100% identical, so perhaps there is some info out there somewhere what font it actually is that they used? The one I used is a default font (for lack of a better phrase, its times new roman, I assumed they wouldn't have picked anything fancier than that since their other choice is Areal but alas I am noticing some minor differences in the K in walk for example, or the T in sit)

Well the challenge still stands, how well do you know EQ fonts, which is classic! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-27-2019 at 10:57 PM..
Old 09-28-2019, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

I'll refrain from answering your challenge since that hardly seems sporting. Looks like the original might be one of the modified times new roman serif fonts, possibly MS Serif. There may also be some alteration due to texture re-sizing if the originals were not directly created at their rather low in-game resolutions.

Danth
Old 09-28-2019, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

Ill mess with those fonts tomorrow!

..And OK Mr Hot Shot, I did a little 3 Card Monty switcharoo.

Hard mode:

Q or M?

yea yea it's M [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-28-2019 at 12:48 AM..
Old 09-28-2019, 07:34 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Looking at the XMLs, the amount of work, and the amount of time. It may have to be a compromise in the beginning to make a small and easy change. But potentially leave the door open later for more changes to make it much better.

Current Objective
- Change all of the button textures to the "white-ish" colored buttons.
- Ensure all of the text is changed to "dark-grey" so that the buttons are readable.

I think this is the easiest to implement in the time provided, and will give people the opportunity to test it before we push it forward.

Known Issues with Unknown Solutions
- The Velious UI changes all of the text of the buttons you are hovering on to be Yellow. It is highly unreadable with the white buttons and I can't figure out where they define this behavior in the XMLs.
- The velious UI uses a series of button states (Normal, Pressed, Flyby, PressedFlyby, and Disabled) to "animate" the buttons on the UI. All of them appear to point to the correct images on the button sheets, but they do this really strange behavior where the button backgrounds go transparent.

Future Objective
- In my opinion the best solution would be to create entirely new window pieces TGA files, with a series of defined button images (Who, Sit/Stand, etc) and define them in the Animations XML. Then use those directly for the best looking result. Buuuuut... We only have a few weeks until Green launch. So I am thinking we go with the above solution as it is the least amount of work, with a pretty good visual result.
Old 09-28-2019, 08:06 AM
Banned

nice work lads
Old 09-28-2019, 03:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well the challenge still stands, how well do you know EQ fonts, which is classic! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My wife is a graphic designer. She thinks the one on the right is times new Roman. (so I guess that is yours) the one on the left may be baskerville, but that would cause problems if there are any usages like this with a J since the J dips down.
Closed Thread