Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Restrictions on scout roll?
Only characters level 55+ can roll 112 52.09%
Keep the scout roll as is 96 44.65%
Other (please elaborate in a post) 7 3.26%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

I voted other, as in, do something other than scout. You'll thank me later.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:26 PM
Sarnak

60 only

Kill all the noobs
Old 09-17-2018, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by remen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ugh, I knew there would be some dumb response about how "only" 130 people voted in the poll and "only" 70 voted to change.

What would be a pretty bad mistake is to have no idea what a normal sample size in polling is, and try to draw your own conclusions without a basic knowledge of statistics. Using your estimate of 133 people being 5% of the server, that is actually a big enough sample to draw meaningful conclusions. We can say with 95% confidence that somewhere between 44%-60% (52% +/- 8%) of all the players on the server are in favor of a change based on the results of this poll. Facts are fun!
But you're polling sample is likely inherently biased one way or another so as not to represent the average server player who may find him/herself wanting a bracer some day.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1 Forum posters don't represent the average p99 player
2 Your supposed facts don't show a significant majority either way

I suggest just getting good at rolling? You'll have time
1. Explain how you know this please? Putting up an open poll is a good way to draw a random sample in this situation; there is no selective polling of players with toons of a certaint level, or polling players from a particular guild / guilds. Anyone who sees the poll can vote if they want to.

2. Again, reading comprehension goes a long way. Where did I say it is a fact that the poll does show a significant majority either way? The fact I stated is that 5% of the population in this situation is a large enough sample to have a 95% degree of confidence that the results are accurate plus or minus 8% (i.e. 52% voted yes at the time of the calculation therefore there is a 95% chance that 44%-60% of the players on the server are in favor of limiting the roll to characters 55+).

I already said in a previous post that this is not a large enough majority to warrant a change in my opinion. Because of your difficulties with reading comprehension you misunderstood what was meant by my saying that we can be confident that the results of this poll are fairly accurate.

Quote:
But you're polling sample is likely inherently biased one way or another so as not to represent the average server player who may find him/herself wanting a bracer some day.
What proof do you have that its biased? And in what way do you think it is biased? I am trying to understand how you are drawing this conclusion.
Last edited by remen; 09-17-2018 at 09:39 PM..
Old 09-17-2018, 09:47 PM
Large Rat

I was unaware I have a second account, I might have made it in error when I started playing. I usually lurk, but I saw I was tagged in a post and was curious about it - thanks for including me in the vote conspiracy! I have a 56 cleric and play pretty casually, and I voted for keeping it the same. If it changes, it doesn't really impact me, and if you've ever seen me roll, you'll know I won't win anyway.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakuryu13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was unaware I have a second account
Sorry officer I didn't know I couldn't do that.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
your*

...and it's sort of irrelevant because above all else people just want a bracer, so they vote to lower it below 55 until they become 55-56. People's votes are biased towards personal gain.

The bigger problem as mentioned earlier are those who log out and won't help the roll winner after they've won.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:56 PM
Banned

Yeah or nay?*
Old 09-17-2018, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for coming out of your retirement to bestow us that gem.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:07 PM
Fire Giant

Gonna have to agree with Kekily here.