Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Is EXP lame compared to what you remember?
Yes 27 25.23%
No 55 51.40%
I don't care 25 23.36%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 02:45 AM
Planar Protector

Default EXP gain

So... it's pretty obvious that I think the exp is pretty lame compared to how it was on Live...

How about you? And when is the last time you levelled from 1 on Live?

Just a reminder, they never increased exp gain or anything on Live. It's been the same way it was since day 1, it just got easier because of twinking.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:58 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Lame as in too fast or too slow. it seems pretty fast to me.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

I remember when they were attempting to nail down the exact numbers for the racial/class penalties, a series of tests were done. A level 1 of every class/race combo was created, and they counted how many level 1 rats it took to get them to level 2. They used that as a baseline.

For some reason, my memory says 12-14 normally, to 23 for troll/sk.

I think the post was on the EQ forums, back before the Gameplay board was wiped. So it's probably lost...
Old 10-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

I suppose they didn't check level 2+ for xp then /shrug
Old 10-24-2009, 12:47 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

In my opinion. Experience is far too fast currently. It is way faster than I ever remember on live. We are 22 days into launch. We have a few level 50s and countless people into their 30s. There is nothing wrong with the experience rate.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

I find it rediculous that solo, I get less than .5 blue per yellow con, and when I die I lose 3.5blue
Old 10-24-2009, 01:07 PM
Aviak

Its slow or even to original from 1 to 15 or so, then it is faster than live by a lot.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Aviak

Default xp is great

In my opinion, experience earning rate is a bit faster than it was in 1999. I remember spending several days at each level, not just hours.

It certainly is not difficult to level on Project 1999, as proven by those of us who have already moved into the 40's and above.

I prefer that things be as classic as possible, so I, for one, would support making experience earning slower.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

The question is why experience seems faster. I doubt its due to incorrect experience tables. Those are known. Rather, I suspect it has to do with what we fight. For my part, practically every group I join chain-pulls yellow- and red-con mobs, which I cannot recall happening with any regularity ten years ago. Add in a greater understanding of mechanics and knowledge of where to go for optimal leveling speed, and its understandable--even inevitable--that people will level much more quickly now than in days past.

I believe Goobles is mistaken with regards to experience gains on live. I recollect that experience gains have indeed been tweaked on several occasions.

I suspect there's something funky going on with blue-con experience at low levels on P1999. However, this thread doesn't seem concerned about that specific sub-issue. Rather, I get an impression that Goobles' memory of 'classic' Everquest may have grown hazy over the passage of years. Losing more experience to a death than a single yellow-con mob would grant is most definitely correct, for instance.

Danth
Old 10-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In my opinion. Experience is far too fast currently. It is way faster than I ever remember on live. We are 22 days into launch. We have a few level 50s and countless people into their 30s. There is nothing wrong with the experience rate.
Seems more like to me everyone knows where to go and what to do and has already explored the game, so they don't have the same tally of "oh where does this lead to!" time in between straight exping.