Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 12:23 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Patch Notes, Wednesday May 5th, 2010

This is a code patch only.
  • Rogean: Spam Prevention: Players level 1-4 can only send 1 message into OOC and Auc 3 times per minute. Players over level 4 can send 10 messages per minute.
  • Rogean/Haynar: Removed spell worn off messages (not classic).
    Haynar: Fix for TIGER_STRIKE spell effect, so manastones will no longer be so annoying. Monk tiger strikes, will maintain previous fix to show damage.
  • Haynar: Fixed stacking of Bard MR debuffs. This should allow bard charm to work.
  • Haynar: Fixed interrupt with spell casting bar for bards (tested with Titanium client).
  • Haynar: Fixed bard song dropping, right when another song lands.
  • Haynar: Fixed bard songs dropping early.
  • Haynar: Fixed bard song fading, right after same song lands.
  • Haynar: Fixed interrupt message being sent to other clients, when camping out. This was a side effect of some bard fixes.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Last edited by Haynar; 05-05-2010 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: Updated: removed double fix of same issue
Old 05-05-2010, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  • Rogean/Haynar: Removed spell worn off messages (not classic).
Some worn off messages are classic. In particular, DoTs, roots, and snares always gave a worn off message. What isn't classic are buffs giving a worn off message. That was added in the patch on May 11, 2005.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumamgar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some worn off messages are classic. In particular, DoTs, roots, and snares always gave a worn off message. What isn't classic are buffs giving a worn off message. That was added in the patch on May 11, 2005.
The part I had worked on, now correct me if I am wrong, were the worn off messages that occur on death of a client or mob.

I do not remember getting any worn off messages when a mob died. That would have been a nightmare for debuffs on multiple mobs when I was playing my shammy, trying to figure out which slow just wore off.

Haynar
Old 05-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

Correct, there were no worn off messages when your target died.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood the patch note, but it looked to me that all worn off messages had been removed from p99, which wouldn't be true to classic.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumamgar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct, there were no worn off messages when your target died.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood the patch note, but it looked to me that all worn off messages had been removed from p99, which wouldn't be true to classic.
As always, we sometimes do go overboard, with what we intended. If we knocked out too many messages, we can always add them back to be consistent with classic.

Due to the complexity in some of the code, there can be many different paths which fire off a message. Or cancel a bard song, for that matter. I hate to say it, but you guys are sometimes our beta testers for patches. With our limited resources, it is often difficult for us to do regression testing for every change.

Please continue to provide feedback, and we will strive to always make the server better.

Haynar
Old 05-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

Currently ALL worn off messages are OFF. I think this was vanilla classic. Cant remember when actual worn off msgs were added, but worn off upon death I never remember so that needs to stay that way eithe rway...whadda ya say
Old 05-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Aviak

I just cried a tear of blood for all the enchanters out there.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Oh.... no more worn off messages? This is not good....
Old 05-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Skeleton

Spell wear off messages were not in classic out of the box... but not sure when it was implemented. I really want to say Kunark+, but I could be completely wrong. It was a long time ago.

DoT damage messages should also be removed, if we are going for consistency with classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-05-2010, 01:53 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can someone find me the patch messages that impliments worn off messages, with date.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Closed Thread