Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone find me the patch messages that impliments worn off messages, with date.
searching...give me a few, grouped and searching, bad combo!
Old 05-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Project Manager

The only worn off messages you should see are for your own detrimental spells, and only when the npc is alive.

Example: your mesmerize spell has worn off!

The earliest I see anything about this was giving players an option to use a different color for their own messages, prior to Velious coming out.

Quote:
August 2000
29 - Spell worn off
Next was

Quote:
9/26/2002
The "Your XXX Spell Has Worn Off" messages for DoT spells will now go to the right character.
references:

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20000823.html
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020926.html
Old 05-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

So no more buff wore off messages, period.
Glad I'm not a pet class. At least my group can tell me when they need a refresh.

que sera sera
Old 05-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only worn off messages you should see are for your own detrimental spells, and only when the npc is alive.

Example: your mesmerize spell has worn off!

The earliest I see anything about this was giving players an option to use a different color for their own messages, prior to Velious coming out.

Next was

references:

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20000823.html
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020926.html
yea thats all i can find too
Old 05-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

There are only two patch messages that mention spell worn off messages:

August 23, 2000 7:00 am (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/hist...es-2000-2.html)
*Updated EQCLIENT.INI documentation*
[snip]
Here is a list of user colors to use as a guide when editing the file:
[snip]
29 - Spell worn off

This shows that some messages existed prior to 8/23/2000, and they were documenting how to set the color for them in your eqclient.ini file.

The next mention is the revamp on May 11, 2005 (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/hist...es-2005-1.html)

-Based on player feedback, we have removed the notification to the caster that occurred whenever a heal-over-time spell made an exceptional heal and added new functionality to let the caster know when their spell has worn off.
-All detrimental spells that have a duration will now notify their caster when they wear off.
-All buffs that last at least 24 seconds and do not go to the short buff window will now notify their caster when they wear off.

However, I have logs going back to 2003 (yes, I know, not classic, but before the worn off revamp of 2005) showing worn off messages for a variety of detrimental spells (Apathy, Bliss, Cripple, Dazzle, Entrancing Lights, Fascination, Forlorn Deeds, Graeter Fetter, Howl of Tashan, Rapture, Strangle, Tashania, Torment of Argli, Torment of Scio, Word of Morell, 'charm', 'fear', Instill, Mark of Retaliation, Petrifying Earth) (can you tell my logs are from an Enchanter and a Cleric? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

I, sadly, don't have logs going back earlier than 2003, but I've asked my guildies to see if they have anything going back further...

Edit: Based on Nilbog's post, it looks like this patch is in sync with what my logs show, ie: worn off messages for detrimental spells only, while the target is alive only.
Last edited by Bumamgar; 05-05-2010 at 02:16 PM..
Old 05-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

Man, I would think there would be a ton of such old logs. Anybody?

I'll always regret not having logging turned on back in the day. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-05-2010, 02:25 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have all my logs from combine server. I had other hits turned on too. In a raiding guild. Yea.. You can imagine how much space thats taking up (like 10 gigs?)

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 05-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have all my logs from combine server. I had other hits turned on too. In a raiding guild. Yea.. You can imagine how much space thats taking up (like 10 gigs?)

That's just crazy man, but very beneficial now I bet!
Old 05-05-2010, 02:32 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok so it seems, you should get the message for detrimental only.

And we need to remove dot damage messages? What do people think about that.. It would make necros unparsable =\

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 05-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Fire Giant

my preference would be that dot dmg messages be left in, but it is true that its not classic