Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 09-28-2011, 01:37 AM
Fire Giant

Default No credit from kill if they die from DoT

Attacked this guy, my dot ticked and it said "Soandso died." I could not loot him and it didn't give me the slain message. No, he did not zone before he died from DoT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:38 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pretty sure this is intended as they did not fix dot credit until later in the game.

Can anyone confirm/deny.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-28-2011, 06:56 PM
Sarnak

I think that falls squarely under the category of "things that may have been classic but of which there are literally no reasons why it should be that way on this server"
Old 09-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to naez Send a message via AIM to naez Send a message via MSN to naez Send a message via Yahoo to naez

make sure you get the races drink/eat rates based on size right 1st before this
Old 09-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure this is intended as they did not fix dot credit until later in the game.

Can anyone confirm/deny.
from Blart's old Shaman PvP guide

"Getting the Kill
Sometimes if your dot kills the player, you can’t loot. But sometimes you can. I’ve found that if I have autoattack on while casting the DoT, and leave it on throughout the entire fight, I get the kill message and am able to loot when the DoT does the final blow. If the player zones with a DoT on him and the dot does the killing blow, you will not get the kill."
Old 09-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that falls squarely under the category of "things that may have been classic but of which there are literally no reasons why it should be that way on this server"
Old 09-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Fire Giant

The way it works sometimes is they will die from pain and suffering right before the dot ticks to kill them. I think if the dot takes exactly whatever life they have left then they will die from pain and suffering, but if the dot ticks over their hp you get credit.

Example: Your dot ticks for 20 damage, they have 20 life left, that puts them at 0 life, then you dont get credit. If they have 19 life, you do one more damage and get credit. Its that split second when you drop down unconcious, then pop up again.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-29-2011, 12:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Yeah, like the sword of runes would proc on any mob if an NPC held it (and it was that way for a long time), but that wasn't reverse engineered to be classic.

This is clearly something that is pretty retarded and doesn't effect gameplay at all (like the sword of runes thing would have). Why not just fix what sony took so long to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Banned

This is definitely the way it worked on live.... but this is one deviation I'd support fixing.