Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 11:02 AM
Banned

Default Dark Souls 3

Just getting around to playing this - I think i'm about 35 hours deep - Best souls game to date...all around a fantastic game, definitely one of the best RPGs I have ever played. I just killed the guy in the Church who has the 2 swords and summons a phantom-self. Anyone who has not played DS3 yet, i suggest you pirate it online and give it a whirl immediately.

My pyromancer is finally becoming an actual caster now since I got the FP reduction ring, some of the more powerful spells, and my mana bar/estus flask pools are becoming large enough to sustain using spells instead of mainly hack n slash. The progression is great, feels like a realistic way of how an actual wizard warrior would power up (IE you start more as a warrior and progress into a caster role as you gain power)

10/10 would/will play again
Old 06-14-2016, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Is it available for console?
Old 06-14-2016, 11:14 AM
Banned

I am sure it is - I am playing on PC though. I didn't think I would like it on PC since I played the others on console, but the PC version is quite delightful
Old 06-14-2016, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it available for console?
Yup. Roommate has it for ps4.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:57 AM
Banned

http://gamerant.com/dark-souls-3-incomplete/

yeah no shit sherlock, that's what happens when you copy paste environments from previous souls game, you're just lucky as hell that the player base is to stupid to realize it.

TLDR: dark souls souls was the only good souls game.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:59 AM
Planar Protector

I've held out on buying this after my PC failed to handle the new Hitman game (0 framerate)

Can you tell me if a Raedon 7400 can run this game decently?

Embarassing card I know.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 06-15-2016, 07:06 AM
Planar Protector

Like it except the PVP meta is terrible.
Straight swords 1hand everywhere, parry fish for hornet ugs oneshot. Quit after a run-in with some caestus idiot who just walks around not attacking at all, just whiffing l2 parry attempts the entire time. Kept deadangling him to punish it. He runs away to chug, comes back to repeat this. After this went on like three centuries, guy manages to randomly land a parry despite being 90 degrees to my side, and then gets his oneshot hornet ring kill. Riveting. Might go back if they do some balancing.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

bought it when it first came out. put it in, RROD'd my 360. Fixed it myself a few months later and tried to play it again. walking around the starting area everythings so dark and I didn't even realize I walked off a cliff and died. stopped playing right there.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:44 PM
Fire Giant

After sinking 60+ hours into DS3, I give it a solid 9.5/10. It provides an amazing experience on the first playthrough, maybe my favorite one out of the entire souls franchise. However, it has really shitty replayability and PvP, especially compared to DS2.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:10 AM
Kobold

There were more incentives to PVP in DS2(you had to PVP as a blue quite a bit to get WoTG, or wait until NG+ and buy it as one example), and more ways to do it. DS3 is a solid 9.5/10 though. Replayabilty is a little lower than other souls games, but I still found myself beating it with multiple builds, 4 I think(yes I know you can re-roll, talkin bout real Replayabilty). PVP gets a bit stagnant after a while. Invasions were always my fav PVP in any souls game. They are still fun in 3, but 9/10 times you invade, its gonna be a 1v3 and you're basically fucked if they are any good at all
Closed Thread