Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 12:30 PM
Kobold

Default Blackburrow: Save Gnoll Fangs or turn in as i get them?

Should I save all my gnoll fangs until i get to lvl 12 or so or should i turn them in as I get them and head back to town?
Old 01-31-2018, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

I'd say wait. As I understand it the fangs give the same amount of XP regardless of whether you turn them in at level 2 or 12, it's just that you need more XP overall to get level 12, so it looks like you get less at level 12 ... even though you're not.

Thus, the only thing you get by turning them in frequently is that you level faster ... but that just means you have to move on to a tougher hunting spot. At the end of the day you'll wind up at the same level whether you kill for 6 hours and then turn-in or kill for an hour, turn-in, and repeat six times. The only difference is that more often you run back to town the more time you spend running/not getting XP.

Because of that, if you turn them in more frequently it's more like you only get to kill for five hours, and that's definitely worse than killing for six.

P.S. As a Barbarian I used to turn my fangs into Halas, but that quest requires three fangs while the Qeynos one only requires one (and the Halas one doesn't give 3x the experience of the Qeynos one). So if you aren't doing it already, turn your fangs into Qeynos.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-31-2018 at 12:56 PM..
Old 01-31-2018, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

I just want to add some info to this topic...
After the 2nd quarter of kunark era gnoll fang reward exp got nerfed. It's still good but during classic through to roughly the start of the 3rd quarter of kunark they gave a larger amount of exp.

---
It's possible to do gnoll fangs into the late teens.

another offtopic info: Crushbone Belts/shoulder, bandit sashes and lightstones/great lightstones are great exp into the late teens as well.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 01-31-2018 at 01:45 PM..
Old 01-31-2018, 01:57 PM
Kobold

Baler, which newbie quests do you think are better? crushbone or blackburrow?
Old 01-31-2018, 01:58 PM
Banned

Black Burrow is so great you want to stay there as long as possible IMO. 100% save all your fang turn ins for once you ding level 11. Hunt in BB 6-11 and depending on what kind of haul you get you will easily be able to go from 11 to 13 or 14 and then you are in prime Oasis level range.

I may have even got close to level 15 from Fang turn ins doing this method but its been so long its hard to remember (this is on P99 - also post nerf)
Old 01-31-2018, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntfang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Problem with Crushbone is you have to run all the way to that dorky Dwarf city and they start taking a ton of bag space to haul it all. Fangs stack nicely and Qeynos is close.

There will be more people in Crushbone than in Blackburrow almost always. The long road of Blackburrow can potentially be a lonely one.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

I gained whole level 26 with turnins for faction in halas... Not a quick/good way to level, but pretty mush riskless at 25...
Old 02-01-2018, 11:10 PM
Aviak

Turn them in as you get them. You'll get the same exp when you turn them in later but your bar wont progress as much.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

No, kill all your contempt, then turn the fangs, as I said, you can still get your exp at high level, while mob will stop giving exp, so kill until you do not get more exp, then turn the fangs in, bb is just to convenient to lvl
Old 02-02-2018, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntfang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can buy crushbone belts in bulk. You can't buy gnoll fangs.

I've leveled several alts from 1 to 18/19 with just crushbone belts I've bought/farmed. granted it's been a long time since I did that but the belts were 3p each at the time.
Pre-exp nerf, gnoll fangs all day till you're KOS with moonstone bar evil guards guy. I saw a guy go to level 30 on pre-nerf gnoll fangs. Blackburrow use to pop up on the RnF section a lot back then.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 02-02-2018 at 12:59 AM..
Closed Thread