Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 05:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How can you possibly get this bad of a read from what Rogean wrote? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reason why i am asking the question. If i get this right, if the item drops off the named, it can only be looted by the right person on the list. So even if you are not part of the group doing the work, the drop still goes to the person on the list? So for the fungus staff for example, people will camp the ph until they kill the named and be ok having someone who didnt help at all in the pull/kill get the drop? The post doesnt specify that the person on top of the list has to do the kill. I expect that people there will help out kill the ph as fast as possible so the liste can move to the next person.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:56 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why pve tho? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because Everquest always has and always be, a PvE MMO.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Join Date: Jun 2018 - " The first few weeks are going to be an absolute nightmare"

..... Wut? Maybe ask people who have been there.
Have you ever played an online game at launch? With a static world? Because a ruthless fight for spawns is the name of the game when everyone is congested in small areas with too many people, and not enough mobs.

Also my forum join date is not the date I joined the server. But thanks for the input.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:04 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWoTHa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reason why i am asking the question. If i get this right, if the item drops off the named, it can only be looted by the right person on the list. So even if you are not part of the group doing the work, the drop still goes to the person on the list? So for the fungus staff for example, people will camp the ph until they kill the named and be ok having someone who didnt help at all in the pull/kill get the drop? The post doesnt specify that the person on top of the list has to do the kill. I expect that people there will help out kill the ph as fast as possible so the liste can move to the next person.
Yeah, honestly I got the same read as you, which is why I also posted about a page or two back asking if this will apply to solo-camps only, or what... If I get on the list, does a group HAVE to accept me in basically, or else just assume they don't get their item? The sheer ridiculousness of that makes me think it just won't apply to MOST things, just a few select items where it's a problem. Groups themselves should always have the right to select how to distribute items, IMO.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:06 PM
Sarnak

Does the list mechanism check to prevent listless items from being ninja'd when a list has not been created yet? Example..

Toon A is killing a named mob that does not have a list created yet (doesn't know or just didn't think anyone was nearby). While toon B idle's by waiting for the last few %. Then, Toon B "/list add mob" as the mob dies, before Toon A realizes, and toon B walks off with his new Item C.

Question is based on speculation of the mechanics. Would there be a system message or some broadcast or means to check the list, assuming so as well.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you ever played an online game at launch? With a static world? Because a ruthless fight for spawns is the name of the game when everyone is congested in small areas with too many people, and not enough mobs.

Also my forum join date is not the date I joined the server. But thanks for the input.

Classic has a LOT of newbie areas though, and quests don't force everyone into the same bottlenecks like WoW. GFay will be a bit crowded sure but you can do Bard mail to level 4 and then all the camps open up, orc hill, kobold, goblins. We're gonna wanna spread out more. Qeynos Catacombs North Ro, Qeynos Hills, heck Kithicor is a newbie zone too until Bloody Kithicor happens.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:14 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think we'll get as many as live had (3000)
I think 3000 is a very realistic number. I think you underestimate how many have been waiting for this server. If not for WoW Classic, I'd say 3k would have been a minimum. Now I'm not sure. Guess we'll see [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-13-2019, 06:46 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think 3000 is a very realistic number. I think you underestimate how many have been waiting for this server. If not for WoW Classic, I'd say 3k would have been a minimum. Now I'm not sure. Guess we'll see [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Delay it by two months, wink wink nudge nudge.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:50 PM
Large Bat

Haven't played in a couple years but my time on blue was amazing and I may come back for green. I will be happy to donate to help with server costs, every player that can afford it should!
Old 09-13-2019, 06:54 PM
Fire Giant

What happens if you have a full character sheet when the merge happens i wonder?

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Closed Thread