Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Default Duo ideas

Trying to think of a good duo capable of doing most content. I tend to think in terms of what works best in indoor dungeons since they are the most challenging. Take Najena, SolA/B, Upper Guk, Splitpaw or Permafrost for example, what duo would work well in there?
Old 11-25-2009, 12:49 PM
Kobold

I think this duo should be able to handle just about anything:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/148996/953155
Old 11-25-2009, 12:49 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

I just find duos in classic are somewhat limited.

You need:

-Tank
-Heals
-Crowd Control
-DPS (both mana-based and mana-free)
-Ability to single pull

In classic IMO there is no perfect combo. Any efficient duo is probably going to require a pet class in classic. Honestly in classic a ENC+SHM/CLR/DRU is probably going to be the most efficient team that you can find. You will be able to hit all the good named creatures in Guk etc. ENC is a very efficient killer in their own right and adding heals/pet (SHM) or heals/nukes (DRU) to your repertoire is a solid addition.

MAG+CLR is another popular one, but the main problem with that is you really lack slows/true crowd control. A lot of responsibility is pinned on the cleric in this combo as the cleric is not only healing, but also lulling, pulling, rooting, stunning etc. Some clerics thrive on the extra responsibility, others do not.

SHM+MNK is a great option in Kunark. Until Shamans get Torpor their healing ability is pretty well useless. I really think this is one of the biggest mistakes in classic; SHM/DRU being limited to GHeal at level 50 is just dumb. You can pretty much forget about being an efficient healer in classic. Your healing should really only be used in emergency situations.

SHM+NEC is also a very solid duo group. Pulling in dungeons as a necromancer while managing a pet can be difficult, but not impossible. You can easily split 2-spawns using screaming terror+feign death but when it becomes groups of three, with limited space pulling can become a little bit annoying.

Really you can make a lot of things work. Just make sure you have most(all) of your bases covered if you want to do content with two people.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Enchanter/Cleric or Enchanter/ Shaman in my humble opinion.

With cleric you just treat the animation as the tank and buff the hell out of it. Make sure agro stays on it and cleric keeps it alive. This combo is somewhat slow but fairly safe. Both classes have good lull spells too so you should rarely have to deal with more than one mob at a time.

With Shaman you have the advantage of a second pet and some mana efficient dots to help DPS. Also the haste and buffs are better for the pet. (SoW for travel!!!)

I have not done a duo with a druid before but I'm guessing that would be pretty sweet too with damage shields, dots, and SoW. Best part of this combo is the inclusion of PORTS!!!

Actually enchanter/druid might be the sweetest combo of them all. It adds snare and porting with only the loss of the additional pet.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Sarnak

I can confirm Druids are pretty fantastic for a duo because of their versatility and they do a lot of it well.

Dots-DS / Buffs / Port / DD / Healing / Solo pulling / snare-root.

Edit: Their big issue is going under ground.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

You can't really go wrong with shaman+melee or pet class caster + any other caster. I like to be a little different and did paladin+mage before on a different server, it worked very well.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Orc

Sk and sham pretty fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Fire Giant

druid + enc
Old 11-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Kobold

rogue / necro
Old 11-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

After further thought on the matter I am sticking with Druid / Enchanter even though I have not really dabbled in it. I think it has by far the most utility in a two person combo available.

The only ability we don't get is rez and really the animation is the only thing that should ever be dying in this duo. This combo can do EVERYTHING ELSE!
Closed Thread